Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 14:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Athenir's cargoship
PostPosted: Fri 24. Oct 2014, 21:38 

i designed this ship so it can be defended against boarding pirates. I manage to have nearly all the requirement, it dont have the sickbay. in my opinion, the air storage and the EEV are ill placed but i didnt find a way to place them in better places.

Deck B1

deck B1 is the crew deck. the crew consist of 6 pilots, 4 technicians, 1 medic and 4 security agents.

the technicians section (including the engine, power generators and cooling system) is on the rear part of the ship, allowing fast maintenance as they dont have to move far away from the engine room (their "permanent" station).

the pilots dont need to move far from the bridge either as their living quarter and the computer core are just next door.

the medic got his living quarter on the B2 but it's main station would be at the "life-support" on the B1 deck.

the security would be stationned in their living quarter next to the lift so they can rapidly move to any part of the ship.

Deck B2

Deck B2 is the storage deck.

the fuel and air storage on the front (it's risky in case of asteroid field so it would need to travel on well charted area)

the water storage and water treatment on left and right of the lift (with the medic quarter).

the cargo bay are on the rear of the ship.

NB: nearly the entire B2 deck room could be turned off without problems.

Post subject: Re: Athenir's cargoship
PostPosted: Sat 25. Oct 2014, 00:44 

Really nice design. I like the clear lines and your attempt to maintain a decent amount of symmetry.