Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 19:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue 26. Feb 2013, 23:12 

My main goal with this one was to design a vessel, where the crew and the passengers have maximal comfort. This means: Noone should be forced to pass technical romms (airtanks, generators, etc.) in order to get from the entrance to their quarters and from there to any crew room (galley, armory, etc.) After I reached this goal (Noether-1, see next post) I wanted to climb even further and wanted them to pass just corridoors to get around. After several attempts my victorious result was Noether-2 which surpringsly also was much cheaper than Nother-1 (it uses only 87% of budget). It also operates on the edge of its capabilities with no generator having more than 2 energy spare and no cooling unit more than 10. This sadly also means that there is neither space nor energy for enough EEVs. Oh, and points got couurpted because of saving and loading; it only should have around 680 points. Here again a small excerpt from the product prospect ;)

FINIX SHIPYARDS proudly present:

Noether-2

Do you want to crawl through dirty and loud generator rooms, fuel tanks or computer cores? Us neither! Noether-2, second iteration of the Noether-family, focuses even more on crew- and passenger-comfort than its predecessor. With every crew related room and the bridge directly connected to the main corridor, Noether-2 is the perfect solution for a resting person transport.

Why should I buy a FNX Noether-2 vessel?
  • The most comfortable transporter currently on the market
  • Includes galley, sickbay and armory
  • Fully stengthened hull for transports near the frontline
  • 10% cheaper than the average small troop transporter

What shouldn't I use a FNX Noether-2 vessel for?
  • Solo missions in enemy territory (Noether-2 has no weapons and only view EEVs)

How does Noether-2 look?
Attachment:
troop_transport_01_1_deck2.jpg
troop_transport_01_1_deck2.jpg [ 180.71 KiB | Viewed 7387 times ]

Attachment:
troop_transport_01_1_deck1.jpg
troop_transport_01_1_deck1.jpg [ 196.05 KiB | Viewed 7387 times ]

PostPosted: Tue 26. Feb 2013, 23:18 

Just for reference, this is Noether-1:

Attachment:
Noether-1_deck2.jpg
Noether-1_deck2.jpg [ 179.6 KiB | Viewed 7385 times ]

Attachment:
Noether-1_deck1.jpg
Noether-1_deck1.jpg [ 189.16 KiB | Viewed 7385 times ]

As you can see, crew-comfort isn't as good as at Noether-2 and it wasn't evenn enough money left to afford full hull armour. But it has 8 EEVs :) Oh, and the layout is prettier from an optical point of view. Not that it would matter if you are in there...

PostPosted: Tue 26. Feb 2013, 23:32 

The Space Engineering Guild should award companies for "Excellence in Design" ;)

This could actually be a feature for the online game - players voting for the best design for an (ingame) year - boosting sales and reputation by being nominated and awarded.

PostPosted: Wed 27. Feb 2013, 00:35 

Ratakari wrote:
The Space Engineering Guild should award companies for "Excellence in Design" ;)

This could actually be a feature for the online game - players voting for the best design for an (ingame) year - boosting sales and reputation by being nominated and awarded.

I live that idea it could be really cool.

PostPosted: Wed 27. Feb 2013, 08:00 

Ratakari wrote:

That's a pritty good idea. People could copy though. Might see a lot or repartition.
Maybe an entry system. Then a vote after entry time closes

{ PooIsEaten = false; }