Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 23:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 9. Jan 2013, 20:24 

JimCORP proudly presents the Hermes Class Attack Vessel!

I tried to make it as comfortable as possible for the crew in long missions. They have a galley, a sickbay and even extra quarters for medics to treat possible injuries.
The lack of shield generators is countered by the thick armour plating around the whole ship.
In this ship the main cores of a typical ship bridge, computer core etc. are in the back while the cannons are positioned in the front on both sides to provide a good allround defense. The enemy would have to decide if he focuses the cannons or the rest.
Generators are being capable of providing enough energy at all time and are all cooled to prevent mailfunctions or fire.

I hope you like this design and I'm especially proud over the first deck as I think I managed to use most of the room and didn't waste too much.
Please post your suggestions if you have any and your ship designs.
The forum is way too inactive and I don't like it. :)

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jan 2013, 05:39 

this is a very effecient design! i rather like it!

only one problem though, seems a few of your cooling rooms aren't connected with doors, specifically those on the B2 deck.

It would be very problematic for you if those were to be damaged and unreachable for repair, no? XD

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jan 2013, 13:20 

very nice! There will be kind of "integrity check" before exporting, where it will be tested if all rooms are accessable - so it wont be possible to build "islands". It is certainly possible here to build some doors - did you do it on purpose or did you forget it?

The Powerconnection on B1 will be accessable with a ladder from above, and the stairs are right next to it so thats good.

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jan 2013, 16:33 

Damn, yeah I forgot it.
Looks like I didn't learn from my previouse design where I forgot to connect cargobay hatches with the power system.

Well, but in the next blueprint I won't forget anything.
I swear. :D