Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 11:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat 4. Jan 2014, 23:44 

Introducing my favorite ship so far. It is based on the "bug"-hull. It's cramped and crowded but effective. It features two cannon-rooms on each wing facing forward, one frontal shield-generator on each deck and armor around the entire ship.

This is a ship designed for full frontal assault. Facing the enemy head on ensures optimal protection with the shields covering the entire ship from side to side on both decks, should the shields be unable to withstand the enemys fire you still have the standard armorplating protecting the ship. While in this position you will have the benefit of both your cannons facing the enemy allowing for maximized fire-capability.

Ow... And the best part: Each ship generates a little more than 500.000c in profit thanks to the cheap hull ;)

Tested missions so far:
SOP: Excellent effeciency (only lost 2 Points), got bad rating due to crew-size and morale though.
Yellow allert: Not too good, took the crew a full minute to get suited up and into position due to forced bad room placement and lack of corridors.
Asteriod encounter: Perfect score, got the full 20 rating halfway through the mission despite loosing some frontal armor and one hull breach (no rooms lost or even damaged, no crew injuries or fatalities, basicly a SOP with a bit of banging on the front of the ship :P)

Pictures:

PS: This is just the first prototype, I will continue with things like improving morale with EEVs etc...

Last edited by Shazi on Sun 5. Jan 2014, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Munin (v 0.18)
PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 17:07 

Updated the design.
Ship now includes full EEV capabilities. Some improvement to room placement has been made.

Tests:
SOP: rating 4 (earlier 2) out of 20. Still not the best rating in the world, but this time i did it with 6 pilots, 5 Techs, 1 med and 2 mil. I feel this is the minimum requirement for this ship to fly well.

Yellow alert: rating 10 (earlier 9) thanks to the new room placement all crewmembers were suited up and at their designated location at 40 seconds (earlier 1 min).

Asteroid encounter: rating 20 (earlier 20) same deal basicly, it handles the asteroids pretty well, the Shields take most of the damage and the armor protects against Everything the shield misses. This time it was rather eventful though, I had 1 fire on the bridge (quickly put out by the pilots) one fire in a shield generator (sent 2 mil units to deal with that, some repairs required afterwards) one mechanical failure in an EEV-unit (no big deal, Tech on patrol nearby dealt with it quickly) and one hull breach in the same EEV unit a while later (also no big deal, sealed off the EEV and shut it down)

Not the same whooping profit though. It is now down to a modest 100.000c ;)

PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 17:28 

Very well, but i would place life support somewhere not that frontal because of the ship is designed to fire Forward and the other ships will probably destroy this section fast ;)

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann

PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 18:16 

Updated the ship to v 0.19

Updated the design using the tip from johnny 123. Lifesupport is now located at the back of the ship and the fuel tank + EEVs moved to the front.
I also updated the design of the ship to a fully circular design. This means that all rooms at the edges of the ship should be accessable from two directions effectively eliminating any dead-ends. This will help prevent area-denial due to hull-breaches at critical locations on the ship. An even more effective design would of course be to have a central corridor running from the front to the back, but the small hull size prevents this design.

To explain further: if you have a room Y connected through room X and room X gets a hull breach. Then room Y is effectively cut off since room X must be sealed off and powered down to prevent air-leakage.

Added an extra medic-room (just because I could and it brings up the rating to a nice even 600, no reason beyond that...)

Anyway, everyone loves Pictures, right? So here they come:

Profit is now down to a more reasonable 60.000 - something (a profit of 500.000 for a shuttle is silly imo)

PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 18:53 

How fast can this get ?

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann

PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 19:02 

johnny 123 wrote:
How fast can this get ?

32 pcc, 0 rad/sec...

That's wierd though... It seems as if the speed does not take the mass into calculation... This ship has the exact same speed as the planetary transport hull but roughly 1/3 mass. Maby in a later update... :P

PostPosted: Tue 7. Jan 2014, 15:06 

This is ...superior. The layout isn't symmetric, yet appears very harmonic. Especially the first deck.

PostPosted: Wed 8. Jan 2014, 00:27 

This is poosibly one of the most beautiful designs I've ever seen. Well done, sir (or madam).

PostPosted: Wed 8. Jan 2014, 18:20 

Thank you guys, you made my day :D

PostPosted: Wed 22. Jan 2014, 07:09 

Yeah, I'm still proud of fitting my design on a Bug, but yours is superior by far. Excellent design!