Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 23:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 02:22 

Introducing the exact same ship with the exact (mostly) same setup but with spiffy new 1.9 armor and doors! :D

problems I realized with this design:

Power Connection: It's placed AAAAAALLL the way at the front so it's a crippling factor of the ship and there is NO room for a shield gen, I spent hours confirming this, to get one would requires sacrificing more than the ship is worth, literally, no profit at all as opposed to the 2% profit from this one.

Operation time: while not entirely requisite the maximum operation time of this ship is roughly 2.5 months, just shy of the 3 months required by the contract, this is partly due to there being no good compromise for military crew, because I use three mil. crew Ss for a pseudo corridor I end up with two more than needed yet still below max crew count.

Water Tanks: same problem as power connection, rather irritating to deal with but it was the best place I could find.

PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 09:34 

i like the missile and cooling placement.

note: in version .19 the nission time is 1 month so there a need for 2 airtanks and one watertank at full crew of 25 only.

i'm not a fan of those L generators with a combination of m and em generator i was able to power 1900 TW at cooling of 780TW (including missiles, livesupport, engines and comp.core).
i think you know the advantage of saving the L cooling.
the problem of the front is the compact design. no matter what design some essential room is placed in front because every room is needed.
there is no way to put shields in there without blasting the budged.
..and profit is profit!

PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 14:54 

Rob wrote:
i like the missile and cooling placement.
i'm not a fan of those L generators with a combination of m and em generator i was able to power 1900 TW at cooling of 780TW (including missiles, livesupport, engines and comp.core).
i think you know the advantage of saving the L cooling.

thing is, those missile rooms/controls are greedy little power suckers; even with the Gen. room Ls on B2 it's still not enough to power them all including the cooling rooms plus hatches for everything. even combining the power of both decks leaves only around 6 -16 remaining TW of energy left. honestly, the whole thing JUST BARELY fits together it's brutal.

I think this will remain the apex of this design until the game changes in a major way, currently it is not even possible to survive the standard operation mission simply because how hard it is to move around decks for techs (although turning off all non-core rooms help) it is also made especially difficult because there seems to be a glitch where a missile room will show a mil. crew requirement of 1 for one mission but then show a requirement of 2 the next :/ strange.

anyway, I'm planning for the troop transport next so stay tuned! :D

PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 17:19 

I couldn't have done this design better myself... Like you already stated, the biggest drawback is the frontal powerconnection. But still, the contract clearly states that offense is in focus and this design definetly can deliver some devastating broadsides so I don't Think that powerconnection is a dealbreaker really.

PostPosted: Sun 5. Jan 2014, 17:35 

I think it would make more sense to have space between the cannons because there is a huge amount of hull with no armor ;)

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann