Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Fri 26. Apr 2024, 02:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: First Missile Corvette
PostPosted: Tue 8. Jan 2013, 04:19 

Will fire missiles from starboard mainly. might be a weakness, but design passed the design spezifications. cant imagine how to add enough cooling for all systems. i would be able to add more techs (got power,air,water...) but it would exceed max crew limit.
Attachment:
Missile-Boot1_deck1a.jpg
Missile-Boot1_deck1a.jpg [ 226.12 KiB | Viewed 6805 times ]

Attachment:
Missile-Boot1_deck2a.jpg
Missile-Boot1_deck2a.jpg [ 232.42 KiB | Viewed 6805 times ]

PostPosted: Wed 9. Jan 2013, 20:26 

Wow, really nice.
And don't worry about the cooling system.

It will only matter when the AI update comes out. :D

PostPosted: Thu 10. Jan 2013, 13:24 

Quite a lot of missiles you crammed in here :lol: . Will be interesting to try in Crew Management, how many cooling units are absolutely necessary to run the ship without problems. I imagine there will be a lot of engineers running around extinguishing fires ;)

PostPosted: Fri 11. Jan 2013, 00:49 

Ratakari wrote:
Quite a lot of missiles you crammed in here :lol: .

You were the one telling us to build ten missile bays into this small ship :lol:

PostPosted: Sat 12. Jan 2013, 04:59 

he's right ratakari, i think 10 is a little much for a small attack craft, i think 6, or even 8, if you're dead set on higher numbers would be better for such a small ship, i find it's near impossible to get an effecient design with 10 missle bays and missle controls.

which leads me to a question: just why do we need one missle control per bay? wouldn't the ship's computer be able to control any number of missles with just one or few control rooms?

to put into real life terms, think fighter jets, some jets have special missles that lock onto mutiple targets all at once and fire at all the same time (for those who are fans of the ace combat series this is a well known concept) so shouldn't the missle control centre for a spacecraft be more than capable of handling several missles with only few bays?

i'm aware this question is more suited for the suggestions section but i'm less suggesting an improvement for the game and more probing your thoughts and trying to see what you were thinking when you implimented this design X3 just curious is all

Last edited by Aestuo on Sat 12. Jan 2013, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 12. Jan 2013, 05:51 

i made it! somehow....maybe...i guess... ?!?
the design will be a mess in action. i had to turn off several systems and energy is extremly low. cooling seems to work but wont last long if the missiles will fire...or the shut off systems go back online. trouble everywhere!

david, i enjoyed the early version of running 1th mission (keep ship running for 10 minutes) on the very first alpha release. any ideas when you will be able to add the feature into the game again? would love to try out the designs!
well here is the design 2nd try.
Attachment:
missingb_deck1.jpg
missingb_deck1.jpg [ 222.99 KiB | Viewed 6659 times ]

Attachment:
missingb_deck2.jpg
missingb_deck2.jpg [ 233.73 KiB | Viewed 6659 times ]