Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 13:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hiring for a Company
PostPosted: Wed 23. Jan 2013, 13:18 

Why would you want credit card information from a future employee? :?

PostPosted: Wed 23. Jan 2013, 23:52 

Ah don't worry it's not for what you think it is, it's just for incase they want to be payed online or directly to they're credit card i would've said pay-pal but i dont use it, Also they dont have to put that part if they dont feel safe about it.

"I'm watching you punk"
"Really? I'm watching me too sir!"

PostPosted: Thu 24. Jan 2013, 11:57 

Your choice of questions for looking to hire people is dubious.
Asking for payment information even though listed as option before you even know if you are going to hire them is very questionable.

Searching for any information about you, Time-Frame or Twisted Systems let alone you being a CEO of the so called company nets zero.

Either you are so new to this type of business that you are showing that you have no real clue about running a business or it's a poor attempt at a scam.

Dave Chase

PostPosted: Thu 24. Jan 2013, 20:20 

Quote:
Either you are so new to this type of business that you are showing that you have no real clue about running a business or it's a poor attempt at a scam.

I think its the first possibility, so I am willing to let him learn ;)

PostPosted: Fri 25. Jan 2013, 08:14 

Dave Chase it is true that i have no business information at all and this is no scam. All my life all i've ever known was how to program and actually i have enough experience to make my own game but i've been working with other companies like Ubisoft and Aeria Games. I got tired of having to make games they're way and not my way so i decided to start my own company, i already can make my own building and i have the plots of land already set, i also have some people helping, the only problem is that the people who have been helping me have disappeared for over 2 years and i've gotten little to no progress. I just got tired of not making games my way or making games that i and many of my other friends would like to make,play,and see. So in short yes i do have no experience in leading a bussiness even if i have everything set-up. i just need workers but i have had terrible luck. I am willing to learn. That is all i have to say and seeing as i have no luck in finding help/work i might as well give up my dream. But i do thank you for your opinions. I will just stay what im good at and just moderate,adminastrate,help create, and play games.

"I'm watching you punk"

PostPosted: Fri 25. Jan 2013, 14:48 

chase, while it's all well and good to express a lack of belief when there is no reason to show faith a certain modicum of tact is required as well, lest you fend the commented. And in terms of business, keep in mind that ANYONE at any legal working adult age can start a business. You don't even need to know what kind of business you want to start before starting it, one case, an ex co-worker of mine, a man younger than i was (around 19) once told me how he owned his own business (he used to repair and maintain elevators for an apartment complex, had a business liscence and everything), i'm 21, and i've never even gotten close to owning my own business, though to be fair i've never tried.

And to you KoH,it's good to see someone striving to do well with the work they love but try and take more caution, do more reasearch of need be, like with everything it may be confusing at first but you'll figure it out. Maybe try seeking out other smaller business entities and asking them for advice on this matter, it would certainly save you the headache of mishaps such as this XD

PostPosted: Fri 25. Jan 2013, 16:24 

Thank you Aetsuo i will try again later but for the time being i won't do anything until i actually know what im doing.

"I'm watching you punk"

PostPosted: Fri 25. Jan 2013, 19:45 

Don't take insult from my previous post, it was a post stating what it appeared to be one or the other (a scam or someone who does not know how to start a business.)

If you are not a scam then don't let individuals like me who ask such questions shoot down your ideas or dreams.

You are just going about it the wrong way in trying to find or hire people to help you develop your game (business goals.)

The way you have presented your self trying to find people, comes off as a scam.

There are much better ways to find individuals to help you or even for you to hire.

I don't have lots of free time to help you work though what you need to, to succeed but over the next few weeks I will try to help by answering some questions.

But first you must answer some questions on your own about what you really want to do and where you want to go with your plans, dreams, goals and a business.

More later, or PM for more.

Dave Chase