Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 12:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jun 2013, 15:12 

Okay so me and the guy's at my company were thinking of creating a Transformers MMO. Now whether we create this or not is entirely up to you guys. At Summit Games(New name for our company) We can practically do nothing with progress on our current game. But we do have enough resources to create an MMO and maintain it.
So we already have the general idea and we already have the control scheme. You also will be able to use a controller for it

It will be a LAMMO. Meaning Live Action Massively Multiplayer Online game. For those who don't know Live Action means you control when you attack and where/how you attack. An Even simpler way of putting it is it will NOT be just auto-attack like World of Warcraft or Rift Online.

In the game you will be able to choose whether you can be Auto-Bot, Decepticon, or a Free-Bot. Auto-bot's are basically the good guys of the game. Decepticon's are essentially the bad guys of the game. Now you will only know what a Free-Bot is if you have watched the Transformers show from a long time ago. A Free-Bot is a robot that can change sides at will. So Free-Bot's will basically be spies or gun's for hire. Anything you want it's your choice.

You will be able to customize your bot as much as you want. You will be able to customize arms, legs, head, foot, neck, eye's, torso, shoulders. Basically anything you and we can think of. You will also be able to choose your transformation, it's color scheme, decal's, whether it has a boost or not is all up to you. We will be adding as many gun's, swords, and other types of weapons that we can think of and that you can think of. Some weapon's will have the same effect but will have a different way of use or range but mostly a different appearance.

We will need you guy's to decide whether it should be based on Cybertron or Earth. We also need to know if the world should be more like WoW or Rift or should it be more dynamic. I will be going more into what i mean by dynamic later on. We also want to know how you guys want the quest's and mission's should work out and whether we should add BAT's (Big Ass Transformers(Terra Reference)) and if we do should player's eventually be able to become a BAT.

Now what i meant by more dynamic is that should the game go by in Matches. You will choose 1 (or more, might add a lode-out system where you can have up to 3 or more transformer's to choose from when you go into a match and every time you die you choose another transformer to become and some melee moves (will talk more about later) will maim or dismember a transformer leaving a long time effect until he is repaired)) Transformer and you will go into a match located somewhere on earth or cybertron and wage war. It will be up to you who decides whether the match will be long or short based on your opinions to this. If based on earth you will be able to scan a vehicle anywhere on the map and be able to transform into until that character die's, the match is over, or you respawn with him. When you do scan another vehicle your ranged and melee weapons won't change in anything except appearance. Your base appearance will also change but it will only change your colors and decals based on what vehicle you scanned. Again for those who don't understand once you die, respawn, or the match ends you go back to your default appearance. You also don't have to scan. Scanning will just allow you to change your outside appearance unless you pick a different genre of vehicle. There will be 3 base vehicle genre's, Air, Sea, and Land. Air vehicles will mostly be based on planes and helicopters. Sea vehicles will mostly be based on boats. Land will mostly be cars, trucks, and tanks. If you guy's decide for BAT's then you will be able to become bigger boat's planes and cars/trucks/tanks. We were thinking that once you level up enough (Also your opinion's will decide whether you should only level up in matches or if we should go with the same level mechanic like MOBA games. Which means a in match level and an out match level.) you can eventually be able to transform into 2 different base vehicle genre types. Like Land and Sea or Sea and Air. Also you will decide on how BAT's will be able to be in a match at once. Also you will decide whether character creation and weapon's should be given out by class system or not. You will also decide whether there you should have a transformable form or not. For example if you created an animal-like transformer you wouldn't be able to scan and transform. But you would be smaller than other transformers. You would still pick whether they be land, sea or air. Human-like transformers will be the same except human sized with less damage and health but more stealthy and assassin like.

The melee system will be decided by your opinions/votes. We were thinking the melee system would be made so that it would be possible for you to lose an arm or leg thus making them unusable until you got them repaired outside of a match. For example if you lost an eye on a transformer and you went into a match with him without repairing it you would only be able to see half of what you would originally be able to see.

This is that last thing i can discuss for now. After your opinions come through and it's favorable i will go more in depth and explain other stuff i have yet to put into this post.

Here are the thing's you will be voting/opinion-ing on for now:

Create the game
- Yes 10%
- No 0%

Level Mechanics
-MOBA type level mechanic 0%
- Match only level mechanic 0%
- Base only level mechanic 0%
BAT's (Big Ass Transformers)
- Yes 10%
- No 0%
Able to become BAT's if yes to ^
-Yes 0%
- No 0%
If yes to both how many BAT's will be able to be in a match at once
- 0-2 0%
- 2-4 0%
- 4-6 0%
Destructible world
- Yes 10%
- No 0%
Earth/Cybertron based world
- Earth 10%
- Cybertron 0%
- Both 0%
Class System
- Yes 10%
- No 0%
WoW/Rift-like world or the type of world i described above
-WoW/Rift-like 0%
- World Described 0%
Transformer types (Base not included because it will definitely be in
- Animal-like 0%
- Human-Like 0%
- Both 0%
Quests or Mission's
- Quests (Quests will be like missions but you have to travel and find them) 10%
- Missions (Missions you can acquire instantly whenever you want) 0%

I will post more up you guy's vote yes for the creation of this LAMMO.

"I'm watching you punk"
"Really? I'm watching me too sir!"

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jun 2013, 15:14 

Forgot to mention that Free-Bots will only be implemented if you guy's vote for the world to be WoW/Rift-like.

"I'm watching you punk"

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jun 2013, 20:16 

I dont Play MMOs, but i love TRANSFORMERS. I will decide if it should be my first MMO or not, but when i Would like to have BATS, but only as something like a Special attack. It would by funny if you figth and at the same Moment there will be two giants figthing over you. You know destructing buildings. And please a class System. In the film there where also different classes like Scout, tank or medic. The game should set on earth, because its more fun destroying skycrapers on earth than anywhere in space. And quests.

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jul 2013, 21:53 

Quote:
We can practically do nothing with progress on our current game. But we do have enough resources to create an MMO and maintain it.

Honestly I highly doubt this. From my understanding bringing an MMO to work is much more difficult than a SP game (not talking about how good it is, just if it does what it should do). What's the problem with your SP game?

PostPosted: Thu 8. Aug 2013, 09:19 

Royal_Flush wrote:
Quote:
We can practically do nothing with progress on our current game. But we do have enough resources to create an MMO and maintain it.

Honestly I highly doubt this. From my understanding bringing an MMO to work is much more difficult than a SP game (not talking about how good it is, just if it does what it should do). What's the problem with your SP game?

Well it pains me to say this but our debugger hasn't been working at all ever since we hired him... We have been paying him up till i started this post. We learned on the testing session that there were way too many bugs to make even a little progress. We have to restart the project with exception of leaving out the base.

"I'm watching you punk"

PostPosted: Thu 22. Aug 2013, 22:49 

You mean this game?:

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=26226

Or a game that is only similar to the Transformers franchise while being sufficiently different to not require paying for a license?

www.summitgames.net ??

PostPosted: Sun 22. Sep 2013, 19:01 

It was going to be based off the transformers franchise. Also the progress on reconstructing our old game is at about 40%

"I'm watching you punk"

PostPosted: Sat 28. Sep 2013, 21:43 

I'm a nooner transformers fan. As in all the movies and all the original series on DVD and the toys lol! And I'm a 26 year old soldier haha so yeah. You got my vote!

{ PooIsEaten = false; }