Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 08:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: added service tunnels
PostPosted: Fri 8. Feb 2013, 18:56 

added service tunnel layer for crew management
(this is how powerlines and tubes will look like during missions - the crew can move through these tunnels and enter/exit at every room connection)

Attachments:
service_tunnel.jpg
service_tunnel.jpg [ 298.38 KiB | Viewed 9698 times ]

PostPosted: Sat 9. Feb 2013, 10:32 

Well, I hope the movement is greatly reduced when they move there. :D
Maybe you could also restrict it to engineers only as for example a pilot wouldn't even know about those or how to enter them.

PostPosted: Sat 9. Feb 2013, 21:35 

that's a pretty good suggestion but i think they were also ment for military personel to use too, but it would be incredibly unfair if 7 or 8 soldiers poped out of the same tunnel exit at once. Maybe put a restriction on how many units can exit a tunnel at once? something like, one unit every 2-3 seconds? or perhaps every unit that exits a service tunnel will be unable to act for a short duration (only a few moments) to allow the people in the room in question to act?

PostPosted: Sat 9. Feb 2013, 23:11 

oh yes, accessable to all, but with severe restrictions. I don´t know what exactly this could be yet, but it will be fun to find out. Reduced speed for sure, maybe reduced visibility, accuracy or moral.
I also want to let the player feel how confined this space is by making it unable for characters to pass each other - maybe even blocking the entire tunnel when somebody (or something) dies - which answers your "tunnel rush" question I think - when only one soldiers at a time drops out of the tunnel they will be easy targets. Might be funny to drop a grenade tough :lol:

Attachments:
jeffrey.jpg
jeffrey.jpg [ 69.56 KiB | Viewed 9664 times ]
tunnel2.jpg
tunnel2.jpg [ 33.25 KiB | Viewed 9664 times ]
tunnel1.jpg
tunnel1.jpg [ 44.25 KiB | Viewed 9664 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 10. Feb 2013, 09:02 

half-answers, yes, but what if there if a lineup of soldiers waiting to enter the bridge from one such tunnel? well, i guess that question doesn't really need to be answered now since crew managment isn't even out yet :/ i'll hold off on wanting to know XD and i like the idea of tunnels being blocked off by corpses, very realistic to the idea i can't wait for it! XD

PostPosted: Sat 16. Feb 2013, 05:40 

I like these service tunnels are a great idea. I however would like the ability to somehow lockdown these service tunnels with small hatches and suchfor the event of intruders, also i would like ask. Is there going to be any fog of war within the ships in a combat engagement???????