Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 21:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon 18. Mar 2013, 00:09 

I have built a Menu showing the Mission Progress, Objectives and all relevant values that are important for the Rating.
At the end of the Mission you get the Debriefing Window.

I will publish how the points system works as soon as I had some experiences testing it (for the Design Rating as well), so that you guys can help me find a reasonable rating system. If its not too confusing there could actually be different rating systems (from different agencies or organisations - to represent various industry standards or customer interests).

Attachments:
mission1.jpg
mission1.jpg [ 540.76 KiB | Viewed 9341 times ]
mission2.jpg
mission2.jpg [ 501.99 KiB | Viewed 9341 times ]

PostPosted: Mon 18. Mar 2013, 02:46 

nice! i like it and i agree there should be diffent scoring systems for different companies, it only makes sense, for example: A mercenary company isn't going to care as much if the design in question is likely to have casualties in operation, they just want firepower so there might not be as many negative points for lost personell. A security company would be different however, a security company would WANT firepower, but not at the cost of lives, meaning it would be bad if the ship's design didn't take it's crew's safety into consideration.

you should definitally do this once you get the whole thing sorted out!

PostPosted: Mon 18. Mar 2013, 11:47 

Well, I actually think, entirely different scoring systems are quite low priority. You xould, however, just use multiplicators on some factors to stress the company's focus on these.

PostPosted: Mon 18. Mar 2013, 23:58 

well that's what i meant by "the whole thing" XD no reason to make company specific scoring until closer to the end but i do think it should be included in the final release, i think it adds a nice polish to the game, makes it feel like your are actually servicing different clients with varying needs