Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 08:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Firefighter!
PostPosted: Sat 18. May 2013, 23:28 

Having no real coding expertise beyond editing text files in mod-friendly games, I don't know how feasible this would be but here goes. To polish the game you have, as I see it, two basic options in the area of automated ship systems (such as fire suppression). Number one, Adding a radial menu or some such other control scheme to each system in which case you click on the system to edit its individual settings. Number two, adding an entire menu that handles all of the various ship's Computer Core settings. Having the computer core is, after all, intended to handle such things. I also think that, again just to add a bit of realism, perhaps the coding for fires aboard ship could be duplicated and altered for other things such as coolant leaks and fuel leaks etc. Both of which I would assume would be at least a little hazardous. Further, in fires their is smoke so I was wondering if a lingering environmental hazard even after the fire is extinguished might be something to add in.

Oh I know, we already have water recyclers, what about an air handling system? :D