Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 23:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: final testing!
PostPosted: Wed 22. May 2013, 19:18 

Did you see the word final there? That means, it can only take a few more months! :lol:

I removed the worst game breakers (I hope) and polished a thousand little details.
While playing it also turned out to be a bit confusing, when exactly rooms would start loosing efficiency. I added an (animated) icon, so that you can now immediately see when a room needs attention.
Also, it seemed not right, that the crew can "maintain" a room by just rushing through it - so I added a new icon to the action menu: Maintenance. Now, crew members only work to service the room when using this action. Makes a huge difference.

Attachments:
maintenance.jpg
maintenance.jpg [ 619.8 KiB | Viewed 11921 times ]

Post subject: Re: final testing!
PostPosted: Wed 22. May 2013, 20:44 

This looks awesome haha
I can't wait to play. Draw it out till October when I'm back haha :)
Glad you have ironed out the creases. And it's gettin better and better.
Can't wait to see a nice polished version ;)
Good job bro!

{ PooIsEaten = false; }

PostPosted: Thu 23. May 2013, 01:37 

WOOO! we're almost there! XD I can't wait to heartlessly murd- err... I mean- FEARLESSLY command my crew through many harrowing obstacles... yes... that ">.>

XD I'm going to be a WONDERFUL commander...

PostPosted: Thu 23. May 2013, 15:06 

YES!!!! Excellent dude! I can't wait to dive into it. I was feeling sort of bad this morning but this just made my day. Wouldn't it be awesome if you finished it in time for the anniversary of your indiegogo campaign. I wish you the best. :)

PostPosted: Thu 23. May 2013, 19:01 

Just to get this straight: With "final" you mean preparations for the next alpha, not some final version (aka release version aka gold status) of the game, right?

Well, I certainly am not too excited about crew managment, as I love just building beatiful (and presumably comfortable) designs. It will be nice to see them in action, tough.

PostPosted: Thu 23. May 2013, 20:35 

Quote:
Just to get this straight: With "final" you mean preparations for the next alpha, not some final version (aka release version aka gold status) of the game, right?

No, its not the release version - the next alpha ;)

PostPosted: Thu 23. May 2013, 22:12 

Can't wait for you to unlock new contracts and to actually play the designs we build. :D
Can you already tell us which crew managment mission will be unlocked?

PostPosted: Fri 24. May 2013, 20:19 

Is there any way that we could help you Ratakari? I know that you have asked for suggestions for the game and for ideas, however most of us are playing the most current Alpha. Whenever this new version is released expect a swell of ideas, concepts, complaints, and suggestions. With that being said I would imagine that is the best way to help you. Although, by simply asking you perhaps we can learn of a better way to help you now.

Regardless, I am definitely excited for this news. I plan to donate $100 bucks to you after I resell all my college books for this Summer semester. The way i see it, I spent the money for education and my reward is to help develop a game that i have high hopes for, an investment if you will.

-Pustka

PostPosted: Sun 26. May 2013, 18:59 

Quote:
Can you already tell us which crew managment mission will be unlocked?

At the moment you will only be able to play the very first mission "Standard Operation". It is basically: running the ship without falling apart for 5 minutes. Too easy? - depends on your ship design... ;)
After you all help me bugfixing and improving gameplay, I think I will release an ERS mission (collision with asteroids), and after that is working I will create a HEP mission with basic enemy AI, like the attacking drones in "Last Stand".

Quote:
Is there any way that we could help you Ratakari?

You cant help me develop the core game, even if you are skilled programmers (and I am sure most of you are far better than me). However, when we start developing the online game, I will build up a small team, and I will let you all know when we start.
This is how you can help me in the meantime:
- Send my your voice contribution (I cant get enough!) http://www.starshipcorporation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=248
- Pre-order the game (the greater the budget, the more help I can get and the faster the online game will be completed)
- Test the next alpha, and send me every bug you encounter (that has not been reported yet) - preferable in the forum
- Continue to make suggestions! Even if I am "lagging behind", there will come a time, when the game is running smoothly and I am finally able to implement additional content and new features...