Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 07:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat 1. Jun 2013, 17:13 

As I was testing - and you might notice as well (among many other things) - the pilots dont actually have to to that much. It feels certainly kind of realisitc for (some of) them to have to stay on the bridge to fly the ship, I will create additional rooms pilots have attend to, for example: Communications Room, Navigation Room, Sensor Room, ...
any ideas?

and here is a new video:

PostPosted: Sat 1. Jun 2013, 18:07 

When today it´s coming ?

Oh and also what do you think of an Combat Information Center and an Damage Limitation Center . Only additonal .

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann

PostPosted: Sat 1. Jun 2013, 18:28 

I can't wait. I think we will have an extended room discussion in the suggestions forum soon ;)

Interesting music selection btw.

PostPosted: Sat 1. Jun 2013, 18:48 

*totally flipping out mode activated* WOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEW ALPHA FOR TEH WEEEENS!

\ O_________________________O /

*calms down* well... now that I'm done getting overly excited... ">.>

can't wait for it ratakari! micro/macro management is my most favorite part about any RTS XD i'm not the biggest fan on squad-based strategy that is inherent in this game's design but the ship building and how it plays into the crew management easily makes up for that ^_^

as for modules the pilots could supposedly crew... I think for smaller ships like the one we start off with now just a bridge should be enough since it's already hard enough to pack new modules into the small little bugger >.< but I agree with things like navigation and communication rooms on the more spacious ships, I can even already think of a few ways they could affect gameplay:

Navigation Room

Single player: When the navigation room is captured/destroyed the owning ship can no longer maneuver in battle, leaving it a target for the opponent.

Multiplayer: When he navigation room becomes disabled the affected ship can no longer change course and will continue on to it last destination until the room is repaired or the ship arrives at a safe location. (I'm assuming heavily here that ships will be able to change course at all during whatever long distance travel you have in mind)

Communications Room

Single player: When the communications room is destroyed/captured in battle any boarding parties sent off lose communications with the mother ship and can no longer be controlled until the room is recovered, nor can any be sent out until the room is recovered. Stranded boarding parties will be controlled by an A.I. until the player can gain control once more. (don't want to make it TOO easy ;3)

Multiplayer: When communications is disabled for a ship in transit the player loses the ability to monitor the affected ship causing the ship to become Missing In Action until the room is repaired or the ship lands in safe harbor OR the ship meets an untimely fate :3

as for other room ideas... I don't have any right now but if I think of any you can be sure that I will also have ideas on how they can be used! XD

PostPosted: Sun 30. Jun 2013, 20:50 

Ratakari wrote:
I will create additional rooms pilots have attend to, for example: Communications Room, Navigation Room, Sensor Room, ...
any ideas?

For comms: I'd suggest Relay Room, or Comms Relay.

For Navigation: I'm pretty sure I saw the word Astrometrics somewhere on these pages, which is pretty cool and the main Navigational thing (long-range travel) in space!

Sensors are I think usually part of the bridge, or the bridge would have little left except a steering wheel ;)

PostPosted: Mon 1. Jul 2013, 14:35 

Pilots can be used for:

CIC
Fire control
Sensors (short/long, passive/active, scanners)
Astrogator (nav room)

Flight control (for carriers, effectiveness of small craft increase in ship proximity, faster landing, take offs..)
Pilots for Shuttles and Fighter.....
briefing pilots room (for carriers,require CO in room: if pilot spend some time there, his effectiveness in combat increase)

Also, for small hulls, make small bridge, for two or max 3 pilots.