Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 14:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jun 2013, 15:54 

Thank you all so much for your continuing feedback and bug reports!

I decided to rebuilt the power and cooling grid once more, because it still causes performance problems. The new system is much smoother and reduces "wait time" for updating ans saving the grid to zero! I think I actually start to learn programming now ;)

It was also pretty easy now to improve the draw tool to something less tedious: You simple hold the Control key, Click the LMB to set a start point and Click again to set an end point (and a new start point) and create a staight line - no more "drawing grid pixels"!

Attachments:
new_grid.jpg
new_grid.jpg [ 940.18 KiB | Viewed 10651 times ]
new_draw_tool.jpg
new_draw_tool.jpg [ 561.82 KiB | Viewed 10651 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jun 2013, 23:02 

nice! that's so much more intuitive! XD at least from my standpoint anyway, could never figure the ruler system out :s *was too lazy to read the help*

will we be having the power and cooling connectors back soon? while I like the challenge of not being able to build all my generators on one level i'd much more prefer to make designs that do such! XD

PostPosted: Sat 15. Jun 2013, 20:47 

And ? Are the Connections working ?

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann

PostPosted: Sun 16. Jun 2013, 06:39 

i imagine that, since he redesigned the whole grid system, he had to redesign the connectors to properly mesh with the new system so my guess until otherwise is going to be "no" but I sure hope i'm wrong, I've already built one blueprint that does exactly what i'd want it to with connectors (including considering the spaces where i'd place them) but I can't test it properly till then, this is ALSO assuming the rooms change in no way too, which might happen and give me a big headache >.<" (I LOVE what I've done with the cruiser XD I REALLY don't want to change it)

PostPosted: Sat 22. Jun 2013, 14:56 

To clarify: Is the grid still storing every instance in save files?

Or does it now generate the instances between 'nodes', (nodes being the start point and end point of a powerline), when the file has been loaded? If not, you could really improve save/load performance by making point-to-point drawing the only method that the player can use to make a grid. Then have the game generate the instances between the nodes, based on the stored connection data.

If you wanted to go even further, performance could be improved further by allowing the player to lay power nodes and having the game draw (not instancing) a line graphic between the nodes. Visually, it could look identical. In terms of gameplay, only nodes could be damaged during play.

PostPosted: Sat 22. Jun 2013, 20:54 

The game will no longer save object instances, just database fields - so save and load time (and performance) is much better.

I will unlock the connections in the next alpha!

PostPosted: Sat 22. Jun 2013, 23:57 

Ratakari wrote:
I will unlock the connections in the next alpha!

^^^
all I needed to hear O___________________________O

PostPosted: Sun 23. Jun 2013, 13:02 

Excellent work! *Applause*