Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 14:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: new Pilot Facilities
PostPosted: Mon 17. Jun 2013, 13:03 

3 new optional Rooms Pilots have to attend to - please help me find better titles (if possible) and with spell checking:

NAVIGATION
Necessary to take shortcuts or expeditions into unknown space. If Navigation not available (or destroyed), the ship has to stick to known (and marked) travel corridors. Outside known parts of the galaxy, a stranded ship can only be rescued when a Radio Room is available.

RADIO ROOM
(the title, although immediatly comprehensable, sounds a bit "20th century" I think - what about "Communications"? Anything else?)
The Radio Room establishes long-distance Communication. It is very useful to call for backup or send out distress calls when badly damaged. Ships without Radio Room might be lost or suffer casualties in unknown space, if it takes too long to track their position.

LONG RANGE SENSORS
Long Range Sensors give the crew the ability to scan very far ahead for possible dangers or hostile ships. The Crew gets detailed information about possible threats to the ship - it reduces the risk of accidents, and enables a longer preparation time for hostile encounters.
(as the title suggests, there will be plenty of different sensors)

Attachments:
navigation.jpg
navigation.jpg [ 56.83 KiB | Viewed 9374 times ]
radio_room.jpg
radio_room.jpg [ 46.18 KiB | Viewed 9374 times ]
senors.jpg
senors.jpg [ 57.26 KiB | Viewed 9374 times ]

Post subject: Re: new Pilot Facilities
PostPosted: Mon 17. Jun 2013, 13:51 

Cool Desing. I love the Nav Room with the small Hologramm. :-)

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann

PostPosted: Mon 17. Jun 2013, 16:22 

johnny 123 wrote:
Cool Desing. I love the Nav Room with the small Hologramm. :-)

indeed, it is quite a nice touch

I think communications is fine for the radio room after all, isn't it, like, several minutes lag time between earth and the moon? so if we're talking super-long distances then radio would be completely useless.

hmm... so we will be able to chart our own starlanes in the game? I wonder where you're going with this... damn it ratakari! the more you make me think the more I get interested! XD

PostPosted: Mon 17. Jun 2013, 18:23 

My suggestion:

Navigation -> Astrometrics (as it is more about cartography than actually setting a course)
radio room -> Communications (either that or you take a specific technology e.g. sub space something)
long range sensors is good.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jun 2013, 09:55 

Here's a possible revision of the above:

ASTROMETRICS
At times, it's necessary to take shortcuts or expeditions into unknown space. Without Astrometrics, the ship has to stay on known, marked, travel corridors. Outside known parts of the galaxy, a stranded ship can only be rescued when a Communications room is available.

COMMUNICATIONS
Communications establishes long-distance communication. It is very useful to call for backup or for sending distress calls when badly damaged. Ships without Communications may be lost or suffer casualties in unknown space, if it takes too long to discover their position.

LONG RANGE SENSORS
Long Range Sensors give the crew the ability to scan across great distances for possible dangers or hostile ships. The Crew receives detailed information about possible threats to the ship. It reduces the risk of accidents and grants more time to prepare for potential hostile encounters.

Comments:
COMMUNICATIONS: Alternative name: INTER-STELLAR COMMS? To suggest a long range form of communication. With short range being implied as something all ships possess by default.
So what do EEV's do when launched? They must have a form of distress beacon.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jun 2013, 15:22 

Sounds good and exciting! Also why not make it so that they each have a small, medium, and large size. Increasing their capabilities/range/ect but also increasing power consumption and space needed.

"I'm watching you punk"
"Really? I'm watching me too sir!"

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2013, 04:00 

kingofhell214 wrote:
Sounds good and exciting! Also why not make it so that they each have a small, medium, and large size. Increasing their capabilities/range/ect but also increasing power consumption and space needed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this.

we need this.

not NOW but it must be made XD it's the PERFECT idea for ship size efficiency XD