Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 20:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue 17. Sep 2013, 20:59 

When the hull is breached, the air gets sucked out into space, as well as crew standing directly next to the hole. I tried to visualize the effected area with a lot of flying particles - I didnt like that you couldnt tell where a character would get sucked out into space (or where it was safe) in FTL.

If you dont do anything, the airsupply of the entire ship slowly gets lost. You can either close the hatches of the damaged room, or shut town the entire lifesupport of the ship.
You can also shut down airsupply for any room be closing all hatches and turning off power.

I added a personal air supply for each crew member, so that they can survive without air for a limited time. This is necessary to be able to weld breaches or when the enemy shuts off airsupply to discourage your boarding party.

Outer Hatches:
You have the ability to open outer hatches (to surprise intruders or quickly get rid of fires), but I created a kind of "Are you sure?" message before it actually opens.

Attachments:
air1.jpg
air1.jpg [ 158.71 KiB | Viewed 14296 times ]
air4.jpg
air4.jpg [ 172.57 KiB | Viewed 14296 times ]
air5.jpg
air5.jpg [ 172.38 KiB | Viewed 14296 times ]
air2.jpg
air2.jpg [ 162.32 KiB | Viewed 14296 times ]
air3.jpg
air3.jpg [ 156.34 KiB | Viewed 14296 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 19. Sep 2013, 05:57 

It looks great! I can't wait to think of creative ways of using this feature to crush my enemies and torture unruly employees >:3

Will certain unit types have different air capacities based on need? for example, pilots will need it most to continue flying a ship in a worst case scenario and then military second because they may need to fight in such conditions etc. or are you aiming for less unit complexity in favor of promoting creative strategy?

PostPosted: Thu 19. Sep 2013, 11:07 

Awesome. Creatively messing with the air supply was my favorite thing about FTL.

PostPosted: Thu 19. Sep 2013, 14:26 

great!! i can't wait for it.
what about the dubble hatches - do they work as a air-lock to maintain access to the airless part with the cyo without blasting the remaining air into space?

PostPosted: Fri 20. Sep 2013, 11:49 

Quote:
Will certain unit types have different air capacities based on need?

Good question! Check out the next update: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3999

Quote:
what about the dubble hatches - do they work as a air-lock to maintain access to the airless part with the cyo without blasting the remaining air into space?

The word "Double Hatch" is misleading, its just a larger hatch to be able to bridge a gap of two tiles ;)
It will be interesting to reach rooms that are not pressurized though. Its dangerous to be too close to a breach when a room is pressurized - so if the room is very small, you have to depressurize the adjoining room as well to be able to get to the hull breach. I am working on that right now.

PostPosted: Fri 20. Sep 2013, 12:02 

nice, pressure chamber mechanics. will the simple action of a unit sent flying from one room to another due to a pressure vacuum be harmful or fatal at all? .... just curios.... *shifty eyes* ._."

PostPosted: Fri 20. Sep 2013, 20:56 

Lookse nice Mario (:

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann