Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 12:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: better hatch placement
PostPosted: Fri 15. Nov 2013, 12:32 

A lot of work has gone into improving gameplay and performance of the power and cooling grid. Nothing I can show here, but I hope you will enjoy soon.
Also, the Power- and Cooling Connections between decks are finally back in (working!).

As you guys pointed out correctly, the hatch placement was often quite troublesome.
I think I fixed this now. As you can see, You will be able to place hatches right next to each other as well as all along the sides of unconnected corridor segments. Only if you need to place a hatch OVER a "gap" between corridor segments, you will have to connect them first by Ctrl+Mousedrag. I removed all of the "baking doors and corridors" nonsense.

Attachments:
new_doors.jpg
new_doors.jpg [ 589.67 KiB | Viewed 9189 times ]

PostPosted: Fri 15. Nov 2013, 23:46 

This is easily my favorite update by far, not only do we get out beloved connectors back but we also get to finally place door on adjoining corners! getting really anxious for the next update from hearing this! XD

PostPosted: Sat 16. Nov 2013, 01:05 

Ratakari wrote:
I removed all of the "baking doors and corridors" nonsense.

Praise the lord!

In all seriousness, tough: This is a necessary update that had to come some time. Good to hear it will be rather sooner than later.

PostPosted: Sat 16. Nov 2013, 08:46 

Halleluja.
daumen hoch!

PostPosted: Sat 16. Nov 2013, 09:34 

This is brilliant and will make design so much more fun. The frustration of doors and corridors was a big issue for me and probably many others. Well done bro can't wait for the next released :)

{ PooIsEaten = false; }

PostPosted: Sat 16. Nov 2013, 10:14 

This is great news, I think I share the sentiments of the others here. Can't wait for the next build!

If I may make a suggestion, it would be convenient, and I think more enticing for potential buyers, if some of these updates were posted on the main site news feed (and maybe twitter/Steam forum, too). I know I had reservations about pre-purchasing because it wasn't clear if SC was still in active development, or just being pulled along by fans, before digging around on these forums. Seeing the website updates, even if they are very minor (and seeing SC pop up in your RSS feed), I think helps to maintain interest and promote the game. Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat 16. Nov 2013, 20:31 

that's better - more easier