Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 17:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu 5. Jun 2014, 21:37 

In this preview you can see a 12 gun battleship engaging a fast, but not very well protected enemy. It demonstrates how crew management, ship maneuverability and fire control have to be coordinated for success.

PostPosted: Fri 6. Jun 2014, 09:31 

This is really awesome! I loved how the combat seemed difficult but not impossible, you really have to be carefull what you are doing, it seems well ballance. I can't wait to have the next update! Any idea when we will be able to get our hands on it?

Though I wish there was a way to tell how the ennemy ship is doing, there could be a radar signature info in a small screen somewhere.

It would show :
- if it's loosing bits of oxygen or other gaz (fuel, water)
- if its EM signature is lower (thus maybe a power core was damage)
- if its Heat signature is rising (heat ventilation damage) or lowering (-heat producing system destroy)
- if its mass is changing (armor or room critically destroyed)
- if its speed/maneuveurability is changing (engine destroyed)
- if life signs are lowering on board (guys dying)

Thanks!

Edit : grammar
Edit 2 : remove some useless thing I said

PostPosted: Fri 6. Jun 2014, 11:31 

In relation to what geaxle is asking: will it ever be possible to actually visually observe the enemy ship? I'm aware it would be impossible to see the internals but if you could visually I.D. the hull and see where/how our ammo hits it would be a wonderful thing to see in game

PostPosted: Fri 6. Jun 2014, 13:06 

So, is the Enemy Ship actually there and simulated or is it just a red triangle and a few shots flying around ?

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann

PostPosted: Fri 6. Jun 2014, 15:07 

I like where it's going, but that background spinning was giving me vertigo or something..

PostPosted: Fri 6. Jun 2014, 16:20 

Excited!

Will there be a way to hotkey weapons rooms? It would be nice if I could chainlink a broadside of starboard-facing torpedo tubes or whatever, and just hit Ctrl-2 to launch them all when I needed.

Also, maybe it's too "MechWarrior", but it seems to me like instead of having the energy and cooling requirements of weapons systems be steady state (with the room wither "on" or "off") that those things instead only be linked to when they are actually firing, with rate of fire affecting heat buildup/dissipation.

PostPosted: Fri 6. Jun 2014, 18:17 

Looks really good so far. I especially like the weapon fire rates. Feels quite naval. Here's my feedback:

1. The navigation controls UI can't be minimised at the moment. It would be useful to be able to temporarily minimise it when a larger viewing area is needed. Would go especially well with a minimise hotkey.

2. Those short game freezes when changing decks are going to be a bit irritating when in combat/hectic scenarios with a 5 deck ship.

3. In addition to saving crew positions, would it be possible to have alert missions save any patrol routes as well? This would save players having to set up patrols every mission.

PostPosted: Sat 7. Jun 2014, 01:48 

Watsong wrote:
3. In addition to saving crew positions, would it be possible to have alert missions save any patrol routes as well? This would save players having to set up patrols every mission.

I second this thought, would be a very intuitive mechanic.

PostPosted: Mon 9. Jun 2014, 11:26 

awweeeeeesoooome!

PostPosted: Thu 12. Jun 2014, 04:14 

Sorry if I've missed something, but is every shot a guaranteed hit? I know the video said something about your crews skill factoring into weapon effectiveness. I didn't notice any indications of shots missing from either side.

Geaxle wrote:
Though I wish there was a way to tell how the ennemy ship is doing, there could be a radar signature info in a small screen somewhere.

I completely agree with this point. I don't necessarily want to see much depth in enemy data, but basic stuff that one might have in real life such as # of enemies, size, approximate/cosmetic damage assessment. These points would be key in deciding to fight or run, and otherwise determining your strategy.

Watsong wrote:
Looks really good so far. I especially like the weapon fire rates. Feels quite naval. Here's my feedback:

1. The navigation controls UI can't be minimised at the moment. It would be useful to be able to temporarily minimise it when a larger viewing area is needed. Would go especially well with a minimise hotkey.

2. Those short game freezes when changing decks are going to be a bit irritating when in combat/hectic scenarios with a 5 deck ship.

1. and 3. are spot on, I don't think any further explanation is necessary.
2. I'm not sure about. I'm much better at slow paced games than fast paced, and I think the pause might help slow down combat a little; however I admit that I have not tried the game since 1.0.7, so I don't have any real experience with it.