Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 09:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 2. Jun 2013, 13:59 

This game function is generally broken at the moment. Problems that I've encountered:

- Crew member unable to position oneself correctly in order to begin breaching, resulting in only 3% breaching progress (97% sealed).

- Any attempt to seal the exit hatch causes a repeating (and therefore game halting) error:

for object obj_hatches_fixed:

Error in code at line 105:
draw_sprite_ext(block_sprite,-1,x,y,1,1,0,c_white,transparency-0.2);
^
at position 41: Unknown variable block_sprite

- Cooling hatches, cargo hatches etc, have a sealed percentage bar, but there is no option to attempt to seal or breach these.

- Crew member moving into the doorway and becoming stuck. Repeated attempts to unseal the door he was inside eventually resulted in the following error message:

for object obj_action_weld_open:

Error in code at line 3:
with point.unit
^
at position 16: Unknown variable unit

- Any door that has even 1% sealed applied, can be breached. But some can never be walked through again. Others can be passed through even when 100% sealed.

EDIT: I noticed that two of the doors on the deck still had power switches displaying, even though the computer core was off. Other doors had no power switch. I noticed that these doors with the power switch still displaying were the problem doors - once sealing had begun, breaching them had no effect, they could never be walked through again.
Attachment:
DoorPowerSwitch.jpg
DoorPowerSwitch.jpg [ 68.47 KiB | Viewed 3751 times ]

EDIT2: I restarted the mission and noted that those same two doors still have the problem. By switching off the computer core, I could identify which doors are the problem doors. In the image below, I partially sealed a door and then breached it. The door did not gain a power switch, but the corridor attached to it did.
Attachment:
CorridorPowerSwitch.jpg
CorridorPowerSwitch.jpg [ 73.58 KiB | Viewed 3750 times ]

EDIT3: Further testing. I turned the computer core back on and performed seal/breach on another door. The door couldn't be walked through again. Selecting it shows that it has the status "locked". Switching power on/off to the door has no effect. Observe that the door has a red light, rather than a green light. So the question is - how to unlock a locked door?

Attachment:
DoorLockedBySealBreach.jpg
DoorLockedBySealBreach.jpg [ 82.6 KiB | Viewed 3750 times ]

EDIT4: Clicking around all the ship modules with the computer core switched off shows that different rooms/corridors/doors have or do not have power switches. It's seemingly random.