Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024, 06:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu 6. Jun 2013, 03:29 

It's great to play with a working Crew Management system, tragic to see the temporary loss of cooling and power switching stations, and so exciting to see Alpha 0.1.6 available! Now just crossing my fingers that I get to play with the Shipyard on 0.1.7...

-Bug-
The 4 Military crew members that start on A1 of USS Lollipop were invisible when I started a Crew Management scenario. I could select them by clicking random rooms or clicking and dragging random spots. Trying to give them commands resulted in them giving a can't comply message. Of note the crew members were selectable on decks that they had never been to. Unable to repeat.

-Bug-
My pilots and medics went missing during the same Crew Management scenario listed above (USS Lollipop). I paused the game gave them each their assignment, then went to B1 gave my MIL their assignment, and unpaused the game. When I went back to check on my Pilots and Medics they had all disappeared I was able to select them by clicking on random rooms or clicking and dragging in various spots but giving them commands results in them giving a can't comply message. Unable to repeat.

Attachment:
File comment: Shows selectable crew that disappeared earlier.
MIA Crew.jpg
MIA Crew.jpg [ 220.14 KiB | Viewed 4042 times ]

-Bug-
Using click and drag to select crew while dragging down to their portraits causes their portrait to display twice. Repeatable.

Attachment:
File comment: Shows portraits duplicating when clicking and dragging down to portrait area.
Double Portraits.jpg
Double Portraits.jpg [ 199.2 KiB | Viewed 4042 times ]

-Bug-
On the Crew Management screen on ERS you can get the scroll bar over the bottom scroll button. Repeatable.

-Bug- Watsong has a good thread about this: http://www.starshipcorporation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3924
After failing a mission and selecting New Mission. The SOP, ERS, and HEP menus and scroll bars, and the white text in objectives shifted left. Unable to repeat.

Attachment:
File comment: Shows scroll bar issue on Crew Management screen, and text, menus, and scroll bars shifting left upon returning to the screen after mission failure.
Crew Management.jpg
Crew Management.jpg [ 208.5 KiB | Viewed 4042 times ]

-Possible Bug-
Crew members left in a room with Maintenance selected don't fix malfunctions unless they happen to stop close to it. Even if the malfunction happens next to where they are standing. It looks like they have to walk away and then walk back and stop next to it. Not sure if that's what is supposed to happen, but it is very frustrating. Even clicking repair on the room doesn't seem to result in them repairing the issue unless they end right next to the malfunction.

-Editorial- Royal_Flush provided a good thread for editorial errors here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3931
The Landing Gear tool tip says "Must be placed on deck A1", but both of the available hulls it is actually B1

-Editorial-
The Yantai Erismax says "Not available in this version", but it is.

-Suggestion-
Provide a system for changing way point order. Possibly overhaul the way point system entirely. Something like (and I may be dating myself here) Rail Road Tycoon 2 for trains or Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 for VIPs would be really nice.

-Suggestion-
Allow hatches to be placed anywhere on corridors. (for more on this:http://www.starshipcorporation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3774)

-Suggestion-
Technicians that patrol into rooms fix malfunctions before heading to their next way-point.

-Suggestion-
Add ability to zoom in and out.

-Suggestion-
Add ability to remove a crew member from a selection of crew members

-Suggestion-
Change the Wait interface to click rather than drag (it can be hard to get the exact time you want).

-Suggestion-
Give a visual indication to rooms to show what type of personnel need to man them. I know most rooms are Technicians and as players put in more time it will become easily recognizable, but it would help when players are first starting out.

-Suggestion-
Allow armor to be manually oriented. When auto orienting there is at least one location on the Yantai Erismax that can not be covered by armor. If you were able to manually orient it you could fix this problem. I can submit screen shots if requested.

-Suggestion-
Add scroll wheel functionality to menus.

-Suggestion-
Add Options menu to Ship Design, Crew Management, and Galaxy screens.

-Suggestion-
Add a couple seconds delay before tool tips pop up.