Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 23:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat 8. Sep 2012, 13:51 

I thought I would record my ship design for my most 2 recent attempts.

I have uploaded them to youtube and see what you think. What I don't understand is why I am so over crewed on my ship. Any pointers?

http://youtu.be/d1lt8YVStJg

Only just uploaded so 1080p has been processed yet. Also FRAPS sadly does not full screen the application and records it at it's default 800*600 res. Probably will change when higher resolutions become available.

PostPosted: Sat 8. Sep 2012, 17:46 

very nice! its funny and very insightful to finally see someone else play the game.

The reason the ship always seem to need more crew than allowed in the mission is, that crew need for all rooms are fully counted - no matter what the maintainance intervall says. If you will be able to play crew management too, you will see that you will never need all the crew that is listed in the objectives panel.
My mistake - I didn´t communicate that clear enough and the game gives you no hint either.

PostPosted: Sat 8. Sep 2012, 21:26 

Ok made some changes based on the above. What do you think? :)

http://youtu.be/XCNi5JyMVS8

Also I'm not sure how helpful these are but if you want me to keep doing them I'll keep posting. I think my thought process is all over the place here.

PostPosted: Sun 9. Sep 2012, 02:00 

Cool stuff, can you tell me how you sped the video up to double speed?

I have recorded my session (that ended in a crash) with fraps, and would also like to double its speed and upload it.

Radeon HD 5870

PostPosted: Sun 9. Sep 2012, 10:02 

So that's why I'm always over crew limit, I had guessed that you'd be able to fiddle with the maintenance times to cut back on crew (as that is a VERY coperate thing to do).

Y̷͕̗̞͔̦͞o̶͙̜̞̘̺̪ͅu̪͉̗̦͕̗͎͜ͅr̢͚̞̩̮̘̳͇͠ͅ ̴͓̙͕̫̞̞̰̬͠ͅf̸҉̥͕͓̞̝̜͢o̯l̸̰̪͔̟̙l̵̠̥͉͎̣̦i͈̤̜̥̯̟͕̳̪c̬͔͉͚̭͚l̲̯̳̦̥̦̞̪̘e͕̞͞ṣ̹̮̼͇̗͘͡ ̞̫̤̖͚̻͇͖̀c̷̵̢̭͔̠̗̲̬̩̫ͅá͓̘̮̭̤̱̻l͍̼̲̖̱̰͈̳͡͡l̬͖̻̬̙͠ ̶̵͔͚̤̳͙̮o̧͕͈͢͡u͟҉̸̲̳͍̦̺t͚̹͕̦ ̵̧̢̟̬̮̲t̷͕̫͓͍͕͞o̴͇͙ ̶̼͍̹̖̻͜ḿ͙͈̝͍̱é̤͈̤̻̖͖̻ͅ

PostPosted: Sun 9. Sep 2012, 10:56 

stuart.whelan wrote:
Cool stuff, can you tell me how you sped the video up to double speed?

I have recorded my session (that ended in a crash) with fraps, and would also like to double its speed and upload it.

Just use windows movie maker if you don't have any other video software to render your raw video.

Also in response to:

Dibuk wrote:
So that's why I'm always over crew limit, I had guessed that you'd be able to fiddle with the maintenance times to cut back on crew (as that is a VERY coperate thing to do).

Have a look at Ratakari's response above.

Ratakari wrote:
The reason the ship always seem to need more crew than allowed in the mission is, that crew need for all rooms are fully counted - no matter what the maintainance intervall says. If you will be able to play crew management too, you will see that you will never need all the crew that is listed in the objectives panel.
My mistake - I didn´t communicate that clear enough and the game gives you no hint either.

PostPosted: Tue 11. Sep 2012, 09:45 

Great video, it could be used for promotion :)

Great game btw Ratakari! And also great music in that video trash! (i compose some music myself, and i was impressed buy what i heard, keep it up!)

PostPosted: Tue 11. Sep 2012, 17:58 

Sille1337 wrote:
And also great music in that video trash! (i compose some music myself, and i was impressed buy what i heard, keep it up!)

If you want to praise Trash go to his website he is also known as Timothy Lamb. www.trash80.net.

PostPosted: Wed 12. Sep 2012, 11:26 

Taaketa wrote:
stuart.whelan wrote:
Also in response to:

Dibuk wrote:

Have a look at Ratakari's response above.

Ratakari wrote:

Errh.. Yes? That was what I was responding to...

Y̷͕̗̞͔̦͞o̶͙̜̞̘̺̪ͅu̪͉̗̦͕̗͎͜ͅr̢͚̞̩̮̘̳͇͠ͅ ̴͓̙͕̫̞̞̰̬͠ͅf̸҉̥͕͓̞̝̜͢o̯l̸̰̪͔̟̙l̵̠̥͉͎̣̦i͈̤̜̥̯̟͕̳̪c̬͔͉͚̭͚l̲̯̳̦̥̦̞̪̘e͕̞͞ṣ̹̮̼͇̗͘͡ ̞̫̤̖͚̻͇͖̀c̷̵̢̭͔̠̗̲̬̩̫ͅá͓̘̮̭̤̱̻l͍̼̲̖̱̰͈̳͡͡l̬͖̻̬̙͠ ̶̵͔͚̤̳͙̮o̧͕͈͢͡u͟҉̸̲̳͍̦̺t͚̹͕̦ ̵̧̢̟̬̮̲t̷͕̫͓͍͕͞o̴͇͙ ̶̼͍̹̖̻͜ḿ͙͈̝͍̱é̤͈̤̻̖͖̻ͅ

PostPosted: Wed 12. Sep 2012, 17:34 

Dibuk wrote:
Taaketa wrote:
Errh.. Yes? That was what I was responding to...

That wasn't very clear in your post since you didn't quote it. Usually in a forum when you don't address someone directly or quote something your post is usually directed at the original one.