Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 25. Apr 2024, 16:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat 10. Nov 2012, 08:04 

HIya,

This game is great! I love the alpha and can't wait for new releases/updates to come out!

I've got some questions and an idea that goes with it...which led me to more questions...and other ideas...so I wasn't sure which forum to put it in....so I'll start here.

I've noticed with the crew rooms that I seem to always have problems matching the number of crew with the right sized room to the needs of my ship so I mapped out the room sizes for myself and I noticed something. I get this...

Pilot Quarters
large - 6 pilots - 3x6=18 squares - 1pilot per 3 squares
Medium - 3 pilots - 3x4=12 squares - 1pilot per 4 squares
Small - 1 pilot - 2x3=6 squares - 1pilot per 6 squares

Tech Quarters
large - 8 techs - 3x5=15 squares - 1tech per 1.875 squares
medium - 4 techs - 3x3=9 squares - 1tech per 2.25 squares
small - 2 techs - 1x3=3 squares - 1tech per 1.5 squares

There doesn't seem to be any continuity to the number of squares in a room to the number of people. Is this a limitation of the Alpha release, something not considered, or am I just looking too deep into it?

It seems like you were trying for around 1 pilot per 3 squares; and techs at 2 per 1.5 squares. If you were desiging it this way, could we build crew rooms based on the number of people needed leading to a number of squares that we map out any old way? Kinda like you get pilots/techs in 1x3 rooom sections, you can put those 1x3 sections together any way you want, leading to some weird irregular rooms, enabling you (the player) to fit them into weird/irregular spaces.

If we could adjust the room dimensions based on the total squares, could we use that method for other crew related rooms too? Maybe even all rooms regardles of crew? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've pretty much given up on using corridors in the Alpha because they take up too much room..I'm just stringing rooms together with doors. And, it's really challenging placing the rooms inside of the Yanmori's irregular interior borders. If I could play with some of the room dimensions, I could fit corridors into the ship design I'm working on. Heck, you could even make a "customization" fee to the room that will adjust my bottom line.

The differences in crew to room size seems to fit a more officer vs enlisted type of system. Is this what you were envisioning in the design?

Again, sorry about not being quite sure where to put this idea/discussion/question/suggestion post :D Keep up the great work!