Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 14:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Language Support
PostPosted: Fri 21. Sep 2012, 14:22 

As said in an earlier topic I can help with italian translations. :)

PostPosted: Wed 16. Jan 2013, 20:32 

Starship Corporation العربية, Česky, Dansk, Español, Français, हिन्दी, Italiano, 日本語, 한국어, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português, Русский, Svenska, Suomi, ייִדיש, ...

The game will be translated into many of the above languages (thats where I get traffic from) as soon as its finished.
In the meantime I provide (as requested) the texts of the most important parts of the game here, so that you can at least google-translate it:

ROOMS

CORE MODULES:

BRIDGE
The heart of the ship and responsible for effective steering. If taken over by hostile units or destroyed the ship is lost.

ENGINE ROOM
If the Engine Room is diabled or destroyed. The ship stops moving, is more vulnerable to capture or attack. Without engine it cannot complete its journey and has to be towed.

COMPUTER CORE
The Computer Core is necessary to enable the AI to perform tasks and coordinate the crew. If disabled or destroyed, the AI can no longer issue commands and the crew is on his own.

EMERGENCY BRIDGE
The Emergency Bridge can replace the Main Bridge so that the crew remains in control of the ship.

POWER SWITCH
The Powerswitch enables you to switch the power supply for 3 different circuits on and off.

ARMOR
Reinforces the outer Hull.

POWER CONNECTION
Provides a Power Connection between decks.

COOLING CONNECTION
Provides a Cooling Connection between decks.

TECH FACILITIES:

AIRTANK
One Airtank supplies 10 Crew Members for 1 Month. Needs Lifesupport to function properly.

FUELTANK
Contains 200 kt of highly explosive Fuel.

WATERTANK
The Watersupply for 20 Crewmembers for 1 Month. Needs Lifesupport.

LARGE GENERATOR
The largest Power Generator available. Generates 500 TW of Energy.

MEDIUM GENERATOR
Mid-range Power Generator. Generates 250 TW of Energy.

SMALL GENERATOR
The smalles Power generator available. Generates 150 TW of Energy.

EM GENERATOR
Small, robust and still powerful. The best combination best suited for emergency use. Generates 250 TW of Energy.

SHIELD GENERATOR
The Shield Generator takes the kinetic energy out of projectiles and debris too close to the hull. It loses energy when hit and takes some time to recharge.

COOLING UNIT S
The Cooling Unit provides regulation for rooms with high temperature output. Must be placed at the hull.

COOLING UNIT M
The Cooling Unit provides regulation for rooms with high temperature output. Must be placed at the hull.

COOLING UNIT L

STORAGE:

CARGO BAY
A medium-sized Cargo unit, able to store 200 mT of cargo. Its feeding doors are vulnerable to infiltration.

HANGAR BAY
The Hangar Bay contains attack craft like dropships and drones. The Cargo Bay Doors are very vulnerable to infiltration.

EEV
The Emergency Escape Vehicle can contain 5 Crewmembers and launches in case of imminent descruction or breakdown of lifesupport.

CREW QUARTERS:

PILOT QUARTERS L
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 6 Pilots.

PILOT QUARTERS M
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 3 Pilots.

PILOT QUARTERS S
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 1 Pilot.

TECH QUARTERS L
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 8 Technicians.

TECH QUARTERS M
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 4 Technicians.

TECH QUARTERS S
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 2 Technicians.

MEDIC QUARTERS L
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 4 Medics.

MEDIC QUARTERS M
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 2 Medics.

MEDIC QUARTERS S
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 1 Medic.

MIL QUARTERS L
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 16 Marines.

MIL QUARTERS M
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 8 Marines.

MIL QUARTERS S
Hypersleep capsules and living quarters for 4 Marines.

CYO Quarters
Holding Chamber and Repair Station for 1 Cybernetic Organism.

CORRIDORS AND DOORS:

HATCH
A simple hatch to connect two rooms or corridors. Can be locked to restrict unauthorized access or sealed by welding to deter hostile troops for a long time.

DOUBLE HATCH
A simple double hatch to connect two rooms or corridors over greater distance. Can be locked to restrict unauthorized access or sealed by welding to deter hostile troops for a long time.

CORRIDOR 1
A Corridor Segment.

CORRIDOR 2
A Corridor Segment.

CORRIDOR 3
A Corridor Segment.

CORRIDOR 4
A Corridor Segment.

CORRIDOR 5
A Corridor Segment.

CROSS SECTION
A Corridor Cross Section.

L SECTION
A Corridor L Section.

S SECTION
A Corridor S Section.

SL SECTION
A large S Section.

T SECTION
A Corridor T Section.

CORRIDOR END
The End of a Corridor.

LIFT
Connects the different decks. Faster than a Stairway.

STAIRWAY
Connects the different decks. Works even without power.

EXIT HATCH
Provides an opening through the hull to a Corridor or Room.

CANNON HATCH
Provides an opening through the hull for the Missile Bay.

MISSILE HATCH
Provides an opening through the hull for the Cannon.

HANGAR DOOR
Provides an opening through the hull for the Hangar.

CARGO HATCH
For Loading / Unloading the Cargo Units.

COOLING HATCH
An opening through the Hull for the small and medium Cooling Unit.

COOLING HATCH L
An opening through the Hull for the large Cooling Unit.

MEDICAL:

LIFESUPPORT
The Lifesupport connects all available Airtanks to provide a stable and healthy environment for the crew.

SICKBAY
At the Sickbay wounded crewmembers can be healed. There has to be a medic present for every patient, with a maximum amount of 3 patients. See Sickbay Extension for more capabilities.

SICKBAY EXTENSION
Wounded crewmembers can be healed here. Needs at least one Sickbay.

GALLEY
At the Galley, crew members get their food and drink. A ship without at least one Galley creates a bad mood and low morale.

WATER TREATMENT
The Water Treatment Facility removes contaminants from waste water and purifies it for the use as drinking water.

MILITARY:

ARMORY
The Armory supplies 16 Marines with firearms. It also contains 2 sentry gun drones.

CANNON
The Cannon Unit contains 3 HVP Cannons and has to be manned with 3 Marines to function properly. The guns have an arc if fire of 100° and a reload time of 30 sec.

MISSILE BAY
Contains 3 Long Range Missiles with devastating effect. Needs 1 Missile Control Room to operate. Reload Time 60 sec.

MISSILE CONTROL
The Missile Control Room is needed to guide the Long Range Missiles successfully into their target.

ERROR MESSAGES:

within Budget/Budget exceeded:
The Budget Limit that is determined either by the contractor or by yourself. Staying within Limit is optional, because you can save costs later during production or choose to sell at a loss on purpose.

missing Bridge/Bridge OK:
The Bridge is one of the Core Modules, so every ship needs one to function. Emergency Bridges can be built as a backup, but not to replace the Main Bridge.

Missing Computer Core/Computer Core OK:
The Computer Core is essential for a functioning ship.

Missing Engineroom/Engineroom OK:
Necessary for the a ship´s propulsion, optional on space stations, not necessary in planetary installations, mines or buildings.

not enough Cooling/Cooling OK:
The Level of Cooling Power needed to supply all systems (if they are all running). optional

not enough Pilots/Pilots OK:
The Number of Pilots either needed by the ships systems or set by the contractor. This Number includes only Crew needed for fulltime maintainance, not if crew can be shared between rooms.

not enough Technicians/Technicians OK:
The Number of Technicians either needed by the ships systems or set by the contractor. This Number includes only Crew needed for fulltime maintainance, not if crew can be shared between rooms.

not enough Medics/Medics OK:
The Number of Medical Personnel either needed by the ships systems or set by the contractor. This Number includes only Crew needed for fulltime maintainance, not if crew can be shared between rooms.

not enough Soldiers/Soldier OK:
The Number of Soldiers or Security Personnel either needed by the ships systems or set by the contractor. This Number includes only Crew needed for fulltime maintainance, not if crew can be shared between rooms.

Crew limit exceeded/withing Crew Limit
The Overall Crew Limit, as set by the contractor or by yourself.

not enough Air/Air Supply OK:
The Amount of Air needed for the Crew during the Mission Time set by the contractor or by yourself.

not enough Water/Water Supply OK:
The Amount of Water needed for the Crew during the Mission Time set by the contractor or by yourself.

not enough Energy/ Energy Supply OK:
The Level of Energy needed to supply all systems (if they are all running). optional

additional Lifesupport needed/Lifesupport OK:
5 Airtanks need 1 Lifesupport unit to function properly.

additional Water Treatment needed/Water Treatment OK:
4 Watertanks need 1 Water Treatment Unit unit to function properly.

Corridors not sealed/Corridors OK:
Corridors need to be sealed with Hatches or End-Pieces.

missing Exit Hatch/Exit Hatch OK:
The Ship or Installation needs at least one Exit Hatch for the Crew to enter or exit the hull.

missing outer Hatch/outer Hatches OK:
Rooms with an opening through the hull (Cargo, Hangar, Cannon, Missile, Cooling) need a matching outer Hatch to seal the Hull. (Corridors Menu).

no Weapons needed/not enough Cannons/not enough Missiles:
The Number of Cannons or Missiles needed by the contractor or by your own construction goals.

not enough Fuel/Fuel Supply OK:
The Amount of Fuel needed to supply the Engines to reach the Range specified by the contractor (or by yourself).

not enough Cargo Space/Cargo Space OK:
The Amount of Cargo Space needed by the contractor (or by yourself).

Decks not connected/Deck Connection OK:
All Decks need to be connected either by Lifts or Stairways, so the crew can access every part of the ship. (Corridors Menu)

not enough EEVs/EEV OK:
1 Emergency Escape Vehicle allows 5 Crew members to evacuate the Ship. Optional, but too few EEVs have (understandably) a negative effect on morale.

missing Galley/Galley OK:
Optional. The Galley provides Nutrition and Recreation for the Crew. If not available, the crew can fulfill their basic needs in the crew quarters, but it has a bad affect on morale.

missing Sickbay/Sickbay OK:
Optional. The Sickbay is necessary to treat heavy injuries and is fast in treating minor injuries. If not available, Medical Personnel can do without (less efficient) - but with negative effect on overall morale.

Missile Control missing/Missile Control OK;
Every Missile Bay needs one Missile Control Unit

Ship fully operational:
The Ship is FULLY OPERATIONAL, when all the goals are met, however you still have to make sure that the crew can work without problems, and you can add optional features to improve the rating.

CONTRACTS

Small Cargoship:
A Medium Cargo Vessel that can travel medium distances with low crew count.

Small Troop Transport:
Small Troop transport Vessel with limited range. Defensive capabilites benefitial, but not necessary.

Small Attack Craft:
Small Attack Vessel for Anti-Piracy Operations. Has to be equipped with basic defense capabilites and 4 Cannons minimum.

Missile Corvette:
A small, armored Corvette with at least 10 Missile Bays. Maximum Firepower is the primary objective.

Small Shuttle:
The Craft should be designed to transport diplomatic personnel from spaceports to the surface. Simple, but safe design.

Sol Line Cruiser:
A new kind of solar cruiser is needed to cover the transport routes of the main space stations and settlements. The focus is durability and low costs.

Sol Line Cruiser Type 2:
A new kind of solar cruiser is needed to cover the transport routes of the main space stations and settlements. The focus is durability and low costs.

Police Cruiser:
A small armed shuttle for patrolling Mars Orbit.

IG Explorer:
A large science vessel for deep space exploration.

Prison Ship:
High security prison ship for orbital incarceration.

Mining Colony A:
A medium sized mining colony complex with living quarters and basic recreation facilities.

Atmosphere Processor:
Processing unit for terraforming of hostile environments.

Large Cruise Ship:
Luxurious Cruise Ship for terran upper class tourists travelling the solar system.

Interstellar Cargo:
Interstellar Cargo Ship to reach all colonized worlds. Basic Defense capabilities necessary.

Battlecruiser:
Battlecruiser for the Federation Navy. Hangar required. Maximum firepower, Shield Energy and Military Crew Count at the lowest possible price.

MISSIONS

STANDARD MISSIONS (SOP)

Standard Operation:
The Standard Operationg Procedure of the ship. All systems should work without major malfunctions with only the necessary crew members out of hypersleep.

Red Alert:
All available units have to prepare for a hostile encounter and possible ship boarding on all decks.

Yellow Alert:
The entire crew hast to be ready to counter a Fire Emergency Fire on all decks.

Green Alert:
The crew hast to be ready to encounter a major malfunction on all decks.

Blue Alert:
The entire crew has to get to the Emergency Escape Vehicles to be ready to abandon the ship.

EMERGENCY MISSIONS (ERS)

Minor Collision:
Prepare for a frontal collisions of space debris and repair the damaged parts.

Major Collision:
Prepare for a major collision with a space structure that inflicts great damage on all decks.

Firestorm:
A huge fire rages in the engineroom. Get it under control before it eats up 50% of the oxygen reserves.

Power Failure:
All the regular Power Generators are down. Repair or replace them as fast es possible.

Xenomorph:
The ship gets infected by an alien virus, that attacks, kills and transforms crewmembers. Survive as long and with as many crewmembers as you can. Special Bonus if you can isolate and preserve the virus until the rescue team arrives.

Tech Drill:
A lot of systems are continuosly failing at the same time. Keep the damage low and the systems running as long as possible.

Medical Emergency:
A fuel tank explosion severly injured 50% of the crew at the same time. Get your medical crew to the location and take care of it.

Magnetic Storm:
The ship passes through a magnetic storm and the powerful electric discharges cause malfunctions and power failures.

MILITARY MISSIONS (HEP)

Anti Piracy I
The ship gets boared by a small group of pirates. Capture or kill them and protect the cargo.

Anti Piracy II
The ship gets boared by a large group of pirates. Capture or kill them and protect the cargo.

Anti Piracy III
The ship gets boarded by several pirate ships with well armed troops. Capture or kill them and protect the cargo.

Last Stand
The ship is constantly infiltrated by enemy drones. Defend the crew and the ship´s systems as long as you can.

Mutiny
The technical crew of the ship is revolting and barricaded itself on the bridge. Take the rest of the crew and regain control. Avoid killing them if possible.

Computer Revolt
The paranoid crew is trying to shut down the computer. Prevent them from getting into the Core as long as possible. Bonus if you can get them demoralized so that thay return to their quarters.

Special Forces Attack
The ship gets infiltrated by enemy special forces. Keep them away from the Bridge or other vital systems as long as possible.

Ship Battle
Without boarding troops and faced with a determined hostile battleship, you have to use all available weapons to destroy the enemy.

Mayhem
The captain is trying to hide from the enemy fleet in an electromagnetic cloud within an asteroid field. The ship is discovered and gets under attack.

Minefield
The captain is steering the ship through a minefield. Keep the ship operational despite occasional hits.

PostPosted: Wed 16. Jan 2013, 21:16 

got bored so i did some spell checking XP

the CYO quarters misspelled cybernetic, instead it reads, "cypernetic"

the name for Water Treatment is missing it's space, making it into one word

it's going to be hard to copy and past something into google translate if the translater doesn't know the proper spelling of the english word X3

PostPosted: Thu 17. Jan 2013, 11:27 

thanks!

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 11:05 

Hi :)

Posting the main functions on the forum so that anyone can google what they need is an excellent idea, but perhaps I can help you kick it up a notch, at least as far as my language is concerned.

I am a native Italian speaker with a rather extensive knowledge of the English language; while I'm not a fully-fledged translator, I have been playing sci-fi games for some 20 years now, and I'm fairly confident I could translate all the lines you posted before in my own native language better than an automated system.

That would be free of charge, of course :) I'd just like to lend a (very little) hand, since I find your game to be pretty impressive even in it's unfinished state. It's very unusual to find a ship design system that's as challenging, accessible and fun as the one you have designed for SC :)

Let me know if you'd like me to go ahead, I can have it done in a day or so !

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 11:26 

thanks, that´s great - I think its too early, because there will still be a lot of changes and new content. I have added your email to my translators list, and I will contact you as soon as its ready. :D

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 14:29 

Perfect !

I'll be waiting then :)

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 20:05 

If you need anyone to give a hand with Dutch (Nederlands) then I can do that. I do however doubt that there will be much demand for a Dutch version though, gamers in Belgium and the Netherlands usually tend to prefer their games in English.

PostPosted: Fri 18. Jan 2013, 21:07 

great! maybe you also are interested in helping me to find some interesting names:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3803

PostPosted: Mon 21. Jan 2013, 01:24 

I am willing to do the Finnish translation.

Im familiar with the technical terms and have done some translation work in addition to translating some TV series on the net.

I'll get on it next week, as in got a project still to finish and i'd rather not have multiple lying around at the same time.