Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 22:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon 3. Jun 2013, 06:47 

Just wanted to point out real quick that if you require 1 Missile Control per Missile Bay, then all you're really doing is making each missile use more space, and you might as well just require a larger Missile Bay and get rid of the Missile Control. Otherwise, one Missile Control should work for up to X Missile Bays.

PostPosted: Mon 3. Jun 2013, 23:00 

I mentioned something like this before, how each control should affect more missiles or otherwise just be connected to the thing by default since there is no reason to keep them separated since neither will work without the other. I don't think anyone else said anything on the topic and I can't remember where I left that post :/

but I definitely agree, for such futuristic technology it SURE is strange that it takes one person to control one missile XD none the less, this is better suited for the suggestions and ideas forum so mods, if you can hear me, move thread plz! XP

PostPosted: Tue 4. Jun 2013, 09:28 

Aestuo wrote:
I mentioned something like this before, how each control should affect more missiles or otherwise just be connected to the thing by default since there is no reason to keep them separated since neither will work without the other. I don't think anyone else said anything on the topic and I can't remember where I left that post :/

but I definitely agree, for such futuristic technology it SURE is strange that it takes one person to control one missile XD none the less, this is better suited for the suggestions and ideas forum so mods, if you can hear me, move thread plz! XP

I myself would not put it in the Suggestion forum, but if the mods want it there then ok.

PostPosted: Wed 5. Jun 2013, 23:16 

Trifler wrote:
I myself would not put it in the Suggestion forum, but if the mods want it there then ok.

well obviously! you're not a mod after all! who else would I be asking? XD

PostPosted: Thu 6. Jun 2013, 14:38 

"there is no reason to keep them separated"

You can put the Missile Control modules into any little nook and cranny that you can find. Because they are small. Just like you can do with EEV modules. A longer Missile Bay would present a more difficult to place module that is required to exist entirely on the same floor.

In addition, there is no specific linkage between Missile Control and Missile Bays (Interchangability). Only the necessary count needs to be functioning. Therefore, a destroyed Missile Bay would free up a Missile Control for another Missile Bay and vice-versa (Module Redundancy).

Missile Bays cannot be protected by armour, due to their external firing port requirement. Missile Control can be put where armour protects them.

Split crew requirements. Protects from greater loss of crew from destruction of a Missile Bay.

PostPosted: Fri 7. Jun 2013, 14:09 

Watsong wrote:
"there is no reason to keep them separated"

You can put the Missile Control modules into any little nook and cranny that you can find. Because they are small. Just like you can do with EEV modules. A longer Missile Bay would present a more difficult to place module that is required to exist entirely on the same floor.

In addition, there is no specific linkage between Missile Control and Missile Bays (Interchangability). Only the necessary count needs to be functioning. Therefore, a destroyed Missile Bay would free up a Missile Control for another Missile Bay and vice-versa (Module Redundancy).

Missile Bays cannot be protected by armour, due to their external firing port requirement. Missile Control can be put where armour protects them.

Split crew requirements. Protects from greater loss of crew from destruction of a Missile Bay.

Hmm. I kind of see where you're coming from, but I still think it would make more sense if a control room controlled more than one missile bay. It's just more logical. If the requirement for a one square space between the Missile Control and the Missile Bay was removed then we could view it more as an L-shaped room rather than as two separate rooms and that would make sense.

Aestuo you misunderstood what I meant above.

PostPosted: Sat 8. Jun 2013, 03:30 

I understood what you mean, I was just screwing with you :P

PostPosted: Wed 12. Jun 2013, 13:41 

one CIC should control multiple or all of your missiles and other weapons. If you want add more rooms, missiles need someway to control them, telemetry links, separated computer core or something like that.

What I like to see is

one CIC (you can make backup CIC, like emergency bridge + multiple weapon systems + one or more fire control computer (limited computer power, so you can control only limited number of weapons, longer range, more computer power needed) + sensors for targeting (lidar, magnetic detector, ....)