Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 21:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu 6. Jun 2013, 21:08 

hey Rakari,

i had a question: when someone preordered the game a while ago (for example, the $5 level), it said they would get unlimited access to the online game, and the other levels never said anything about single player dlc.

because of these changes to the different levels of preorder/funding, i was wondering if people who had preordered at the different levels early on would be "grandfathered in" with their preorder/funding/indigogo benefits. such as at the $5 level, you get the online game if that's why your preordered at $5 level.

FYI, i had preordered the $50 level a while ago, so in all honesty i am none too concerned for myself. however, i am concerned for those who preordered the lower levels that were change significantly. as in the lowest level seems to no longer earn you an unlimited online game.

to put it simply: are we, the people who preordered and funded the game, still entitled to, or "Grandfathered into", the benefits you offered at the time of the person's preorder? further, if not, can those concerned get a refund?

FYI, i dont want a refund, i cant wait for the game to come out. its just it seems a little odd, and to an extent extreme, that these levels of preorder have changed significantly from when we, the early funders at least, preordered the game. Don't i remember something about T-Shirts...

PostPosted: Fri 7. Jun 2013, 14:06 

The changes to the preorder levels were intended to clarify stuff - so if this isn´t working, please help me out.

Quote:
when someone preordered the game a while ago (for example, the $5 level), it said they would get unlimited access to the online game

this is incorrect.

what has changed:
- I removed the T-Shirt option from the $50 and $ 100 levels and replaced it with the "Natsushima", when I ran out of shirts.
Everyone who purchased this level, got to choose between these options anyway, so they wont be worried about not getting the T-shirt anymore.

- I added the Single Player Campaign DLC Pack to levels $20,$30,$50 and $100.
During the IndieGogo project it was not sure if the Single Player Campaign would be made, so I didn´t want to include it in the perks. Now that it will be made, I added it to all level above $10, so that you can decide with your preorder, if you want single player campaign AND multiplayer, or multiplayer only. If you purchased the $10 option before you knew there was the campaign option as well, you can of course anytime updgrade your preorder. People, who purchased the $20 and above levels before, are of course "grandfathered in" ;)

- I added the text "Digital Download of the finished Game" to every level, because I realized, that many people thought (with the Campaign DLC starting at $20) that the preorder at $5 and $10 were "multiplayer only", not realizing, that EVERYONE gets the full game.

PostPosted: Sun 9. Jun 2013, 04:32 

hey, thanks for the clarification. i appreciate that. have a nice day :D