Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 20:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 12. Mar 2014, 18:08 

Hey, saw this game while browsing IndieDB. Looks awesome and the idea of building and testing ships is awesome, compared to the usual space gameplay.

Had a few questions:

- The $10 Preorder tier, what does "unlimited access" mean, in terms of "unlimited access to the online multiplayer expansion"? How would online multiplayer work otherwise?

- Saw this game had been Greenlit. Any estimates to when the game will be on Steam?

- Crew management: what kind of tactics and control do you have over your crew? I noticed that some tests involve boarding, aliens, etc.; can you equip your ship with security measures or your crew with weapons?

- Is the single player campaign just mission after mission or is there any overarching campaign with scripted events that affect your corporation (economic depression, corporate espionage) On that note, can you take part in corporate espionage (sabotaging rival companies, planting spies, etc.)? Basically is the whole game building and testing or is there a larger corporate RPG-esque element to the game?

- The additional content (Atmospheric Processor II, Mining Colony D, Single Player Campaign DLC, Xenomorph mission, Large Cruiser Battle mission), it says "only be available for pre-order". So as I understand, that content won't be available...ever, if you don't back at those tiers? Would it added or available as DLC after release? That's a lot of extra content to be missing out on

PostPosted: Thu 13. Mar 2014, 20:48 

Hey,

Quote:
- The $10 Preorder tier, what does \"unlimited access\" mean, in terms of \"unlimited access to the online multiplayer expansion\"? How would online multiplayer work otherwise?

Just means that you will get the online game - confusing "marketing speak", I admit ;)

Quote:
- Saw this game had been Greenlit. Any estimates to when the game will be on Steam?

No, not yet.

Quote:
- Crew management: what kind of tactics and control do you have over your crew? I noticed that some tests involve boarding, aliens, etc.; can you equip your ship with security measures or your crew with weapons?

Yes and Yes.

Quote:
- Is the single player campaign just mission after mission or is there any overarching campaign with scripted events that affect your corporation (economic depression, corporate espionage) On that note, can you take part in corporate espionage (sabotaging rival companies, planting spies, etc.)? Basically is the whole game building and testing or is there a larger corporate RPG-esque element to the game?

The Core of the Game is creating, testing an building ships of course, but the campaign will be based on a lot of rpg-like conversations with other companies, politicians, and "persons of special interest". This way, you will have a lot of tools to influence your corporationĀ“s strategy (other than creating a product).

Quote:
- The additional content (Atmospheric Processor II, Mining Colony D, Single Player Campaign DLC, Xenomorph mission, Large Cruiser Battle mission), it says \"only be available for pre-order\". So as I understand, that content won\'t be available...ever, if you don\'t back at those tiers? Would it added or available as DLC after release? That\'s a lot of extra content to be missing out on

It will not be available as DLC later.

PostPosted: Sun 23. Mar 2014, 15:19 

Is it possible to pre-order via Paypal? I do not use Bitcoins and do not really plan on getting started.

PostPosted: Thu 27. Mar 2014, 09:34 

I am sorry, preorder with PayPal is not available any more. You only other option might be to wait, if Early Access on Steam is coming up - but I am not sure about that yet.

PostPosted: Thu 27. Mar 2014, 23:18 

Ratakari wrote:
I am sorry, preorder with PayPal is not available any more. You only other option might be to wait, if Early Access on Steam is coming up - but I am not sure about that yet.

why the paypal is no longer avaiable?

PostPosted: Wed 30. Apr 2014, 16:37 

This is the reason:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4186

;)

PostPosted: Wed 30. Apr 2014, 16:44 

I've already pre-ordered with paypal, but would like to upgrade my pre-order amount so I can get the extra stuff -- I don't have a bitcoin account. how would I go about doing this without making a bitcoin account?