Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 11:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Where is everyone?
PostPosted: Mon 20. Apr 2015, 17:13 

Longtime lurker here.

No new updates since over two months, the forum is as good as death (last post was a month ago). What happened? Is there still hope? Someone aproved my account, so someone has to still be there.

Post subject: Re: Where is everyone?
PostPosted: Tue 21. Apr 2015, 19:54 

I'm still around myself, I'm just not active because in part due to SSC being early alpha (maybe pre-alpha? my memory wanes) and also in part due to ratakari (the mind behind SSC) being rather reclusive when he gets into making SSC XD this is not the first time he's gone months without an update, it's just that because the dev team is so small it takes quite a long time for ratakari to come out with content with substance (that is to say, an update that's more than just "made some good progress today, things are really coming along"). yeah, it is a pain to wait for so long for any new stuff on a game with such a promising concept but since I've discovered this game around two years ago now I've seen the game make progress, real progress, it's just so hard to see with all that empty space in between

as for hope, still plenty of there here, in my mind anyway, I always check the forum for a new content update every single day I can. whether it's due to faith or muscle memory, is anyone's guess though XP

PostPosted: Tue 21. Apr 2015, 20:26 

Ok, thanks. Guess I´ll have to wait then. Was jsut worried because it´s rare to see a creator AND the community falling silent.

PostPosted: Tue 21. Apr 2015, 22:55 

if I was gonna give my opinion on a good time to "get worried" about silence I'd have to say, with all my experiences with early access games and kickstarter projects gone wrong, 8 months is the best mark.

there are a few exceptions of course, such as starbound which didn't update for a whole year but then dumped a monster of an update on it's players. or hawken which almost died due to some issues with it's previous dev crew but then, again, a year later suddenly picked up this time with a new, more active and honest team leading the charge.

from what I seen, ratakari just gets lost working on SSC so I would think anything more than 8 months and it becomes reasonable to worry about his health ">.>
XP

PostPosted: Fri 29. May 2015, 20:35 

i just wanted to say that you guys shouldn't worry about SSC, is having good progress and is looking awesome. the only thing is that this forum is a bit abandoned. Ratakari (At least i think that is him) is posting from time to time on SSC's Facebook.
Look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLHXYaDn9l0

Mod edit: fixing youtube link

PostPosted: Sat 6. Jun 2015, 14:17 

i have fixed your link - please use URL tags because Youtube tag is broken

PostPosted: Wed 17. Jun 2015, 08:08 

busy with work and school, but still lurking when I can.

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jun 2015, 20:27 

I do wish there would be at the very least a once a month update............. this lack of any feedback really makes the game feel dead and I am starting to regret backing it.......

PostPosted: Thu 2. Jul 2015, 19:24 

Yeah, I don´t get why developers don´t give a short "We are still alive" post every once in a while. Wondered this with many productions. People often say they are busy with the game but how can you be to busy for a 5 minute post? Same thing happened with a game about inteligent robots which I backed a while ago. It just silently died. Hope this won´t happen here.

PostPosted: Fri 3. Jul 2015, 18:48 

well bear in mind - some games are busy - example some developers might forget to update regularly - its doesnt mean game is dead