Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 15:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Feedback
PostPosted: Sat 7. May 2016, 22:26 

I'm not sure how active this forum is nor if this feedback will make it to the dev but.... here goes.

First off I really love whats in the game so far and at first it feels far less unfinished than it is. I'd love to find a way to report bugs but as they are so numerous still I'm not going to talk too much about my experience with bugs, I ran into the save game bug with the power switches, glad to see that ones fixed already. I've got about 60 hours logged I've researched the entire tech tree and built a ship on almost every possible chassis.

But the one bug that really got to me was path finding on multiple levels. on the ships that have several levels that are divided the path finding was notoriously bad about going up the wrong stair and then not being able to path through the gap. Several times I actually had crew members fall off the game map while going up or down the stairs. This was so bad that to even issue a move order was impossible and I would have to assign a patrol route to the stair i wanted, go up a level assign the next point of the route on that stair and then finally at my destination.\

But as to feedback:

First off it's a fun digital toy... not sure it's a complete game yet, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this progress. To anyone else reading the forum and considering purchasing this I'd recommend it. The initial learning curve is really steep but following the tutorial step by step is helpful. Also to anyone else having trouble with the game... DO THE WHOLE TUTORIAL from start to finish. Normally I just skip past tutorials and jump into a game... you can't do that with this game. Also the problems I mentioned above with the pathfinding made the game much harder than it needs to be or should be.

As to feedback, honestly the only thing that I found to be truly immersion breaking was that the the cost and value of my ships had no impact on what I could bid. A 300 value ship and a 1000 value ship bid the same... that didn't seem right. All of the math on how you bid for ships should be looked at to include the budget of the ship as well as the design value. Right now its purely based on meeting the minimum and then getting the highest score possible in the crew missions.

STAM power generators seem really under powered, it more space and heat efficient to just build fusion reactors.

The range that units can engage in combat is either too small or very confusing, completing the probe mission is REALLY hard because of this. I had a similar problem with engine rooms and bridges, if the units weren't close enough together the game wouldn't recognize that there where two people in the room. Can you make combat and maintenance by room instead of within a certain range?

It would be nice to have more design missions accept any fuselage type. So many of them are restricted that you have to completely redesign a ship.

A way to auto complete or speed up the process of completely the crew missions would be nice. Completing the crew missions once was fun, completing the crew missions for each of a dozen ship designs becomes tedious.

Being able to just turn off rooms to complete missions made some of the missions trivial.

The repair mission is one of the hardest to complete and at a value of only 5 I always skipped it. It either needs to be worth 20 points or tone it down to only have 5-10 rooms start at 0 maintenance.

The 20 alien infestation mission is trivially easy to complete and should only be worth 5-10 points.

The first SOP mission seems arbitrary in how many points you can earn some ships would earn 20 some would only earn 7-8 and I was always at only 1-2 points lost to efficiency and no malfunctions. Either something is not WAD or there needs to be some more clarity.

The probe missions is exceptionally difficult, they bust through doors way to fast, the crew AI is incredibly bad at engaging them in combat even when they are right on top of them and hall way turrets don't shoot at them.

I'm assuming that the space mine mission is currently incomplete able without weapons? I tried running it with a ship that had 3 advanced shields and a reactive shield all overlapping on both levels and the mines still punched right through all 4 of them. Either the strength of the mines needs to be toned down or we need weapons.

It would be nice if navigation and maneuvering did something to make the asteroids and mines easier.

Would you consider raising the crew minimums by 2-6 across the board to allow us to add marines as an option to some ships?

Please allow us to complete designs with more crew member than the design allows for but then restrict the crew when completing the missions.

I'm sure I had some more feedback but at the risk of turning this into a novel I'[ll stop here please let me know if this is helpful and if you'd like more feedback.

Post subject: Re: Feedback
PostPosted: Wed 18. May 2016, 05:19 

Quote:
A way to auto complete or speed up the process of completely the crew missions would be nice. Completing the crew missions once was fun, completing the crew missions for each of a dozen ship designs becomes tedious.

Yeah. That's what's really killing me right now. I love designing ships, but having to crash-test them as the "meat and potatoes" it just isn't...interesting more than a few times. The tutorial helped make things easier, but still!

Quote:
All of the math on how you bid for ships should be looked at to include the budget of the ship as well as the design value. Right now its purely based on meeting the minimum and then getting the highest score possible in the crew missions.

Having a higher score than the competitors doesn't help either. "Yeah, I suppose your design is twice as safe...but his is $12 cheaper!"