Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 23:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Steam Greenlight
PostPosted: Fri 7. Sep 2012, 21:06 

TheLogan wrote:
I agree, the 100$ entry fee is a step in the right direction, especially since valve doesn't touch any of it, but donates it to a charity instead. *Thumbs up for integrity x awesome*

On the note of greenlight as a whole, I'd love to see Starship Corporation there one day, but it seems far to early to put up starship yet, perhaps when it hits beta or is close to hitting beta.
Sure they would get a lot more publicity, but with a game as unfinished and confusing as Starship is in its current state (I had to watch the 22minute tutorial to even understand the construction part of the game) I would imagine it getting a lot of thumbs down, which is sad because it certainly does have potential, rather gain publicity as the game moves forward than have a massive bomb of publicity that turns out to explode in a negative way.
Just my 2 cent =)

I'd second this; the alpha shows the potential, but I view the money I've pledged as funds for development more then anything else; when the game is nearing release, then it should go on Greenlight but not madly early then there's little to show. After all, Greenlight only gets the CHANCE to have your game looked at, not a guaranteed place on Steam!