Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 25. Apr 2024, 12:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 1. Jan 2014, 23:34 

Summary: install issue resulting not updating the game

what i observed
i installed and checked that i had updated the build but turns out the build had not updated - for example build ship still shows old stuff (only two ships and no tutorial) and numbering still reports as 0.1.6
so i think installer has bugs in it - its should overwritten the files if its exists there

steps to reproduce

1: download old version and install - and view as 0.1.6
2: download the Latest version (0.1.8)
3: install as normally (note there will be pop up asking to overwrite the files)
4: enter the game - and observed that version didn't update - the number shows 0.1.6 on top right corner

what i expected: i expected that the build show the correct build as example - 0.1.8 successfully and changes are visible example a updated changelog upon i enter the game

Edit: upon looking at file - i found two exes within folder named as StarshipCorporation and StarshipCorporation Alpha - users who have shortcut that might get confused if they have existing shortcut pointed to older exe not the newer exe
if intsaller had only StarshipCorporation Alpha exe - its should make things better

PostPosted: Thu 2. Jan 2014, 00:41 

Why do you use an installer in the first place? I personally prefer simple *.zip-files (or similar) over *.exe just because I know what I'm getting.

Or ar you messing around with the registry?

PostPosted: Thu 2. Jan 2014, 01:33 

Royal_Flush wrote:
Why do you use an installer in the first place? I personally prefer simple *.zip-files (or similar) over *.exe just because I know what I'm getting.

Or ar you messing around with the registry?

i used Installer but the shortcut for exe was pointing to wrong exe which is bug - its shouldn't be that case

PostPosted: Thu 2. Jan 2014, 02:03 

No sorry, my comment was meant for ratakari. I want my zip again, not some exe :lol: