Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 11:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: uploadable designs
PostPosted: Fri 23. Jun 2017, 20:37 

designs that can be shared and uploaded.

imo not everyone will be good or even fair at first, so to start a list of at least one design in every type needs to be in game, even at it's most basic so anyone can jump straight in and play.

the ship designer and editor atm is about as poor as i've ever seen, but as it's what you have, you have to make the most of it for now.

adding components shouldn't be as boring as this either, with most being set in a given place, where you just have options on other things, adding plates to the hull, is well so long and drawn out, i can't really see anyone other than die hards doing it either i'm sorry to say, where as a better approach would be imo to click on a button and it auto adds it for you, then if you wish to delete a given section yourself, have the engine smart enough to do it for you when you add in a given part.

what makes it fun is the engine working for you, not against you imo

Post subject: Re: uploadable designs
PostPosted: Fri 23. Jun 2017, 20:51 

auto power grids, a one click button

auto corridors once everything is in place, again a one click button

adding anything to the hull, also adds the part needed on the exterior, smart use of the AI

i know these maybe strange suggestion to most in a game where the whole point of the game is ship design, but at first it's the part which will also put the most off, so if the game teaches and shows you with smart use of the AI and design, later once mastered, you have a buyer hooked, if not, you may just confuse and well put off