Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 23:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jun 2013, 20:34 

Hello,

First post ever, its funny, a few nights back cruising kickstarter , I was wishing for a game like this to pop up ( found you while looking for similar games on steam greenlight). So far your doing great with the design! I'm more concerned with the look of the ships to come. Do you have plans to make ships with a more elongated hull design , just a random example from the internet : http://www.shipschematics.net/yamato/im ... cadia2.jpg or http://www.vgmuseum.com/pics4/AssaultSuitsValken-2.gif . If so, are there any plans, to make external modules shown on these ships as well, ex : the bridge is not part of the main body but a tower ontop , same with the engines being on pillars on the outside of the ship. I love the look of these ships and would love to know if you have any plans of using similar models. If this wasn't a consideration , it be awesome if you kept it in mind!

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jun 2013, 18:40 

Cool idea i think this should be probably easy , dont Forget there are only two hulls yet.

QUestion: From which game is the second Image ?

"Hätte,Hätte Fahrradkette" Peerbär

Wich***r, A***hloch, Hure***oh, dein Mutter hat ich schon. Weiser Mann

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jul 2013, 22:03 

Quote:
the bridge is not part of the main body but a tower ontop , same with the engines being on pillars on the outside of the ship

Why in the world would you expose such critical systems that much? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu 1. Aug 2013, 01:49 

Royal_Flush wrote:
Quote:
the bridge is not part of the main body but a tower ontop , same with the engines being on pillars on the outside of the ship

Why in the world would you expose such critical systems that much? :shock:

yeah, I agree, while a tower bridge may make sense for naval vessels space faring vessels are a less so example; this is mainly due to the vacuum of space, not exactly fun when the viewport on the bridge is penetrated by a missile or an asteroid killing the entire bridge crew does it? it makes far more sense to internalize the bridge an connect it to things like external cameras and long range sensors, effectively hiding the bridge within the mass of the ship.

but I WOULD like to see some traditional-ish fuselages (lacking the bridge towers of course) if nothing because space battleship yamato was a pretty awesome retro anime XD

although! I DO think things like comms rooms or long range sensors should have some parts of it sticking out of the ship simply for obvious reasons such as a comms room would need an antenna sticking out of the ship to transmit signals and a sensors room would need a relay to emit and receive it's own signal to actually sense things XD