Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 20. Apr 2024, 12:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 30. Sep 2012, 20:24 

First off, I have been enjoying the alpha since I found it last night. It is really fun.

My main idea is to have a customizable hull. So generally the player designs the shape of the hull from scratch by placing hull plating or armor that encloses all the other systems. From what I see in the trailers on how combat, etc. is played out, I really think this is doable. It would provide near infinite possibles for the player to design their ship. Plus, it takes out the need to design and develop multiple hull types. Instead of the hull type determining the performance of the ship. Things like the overall mass of the ship and the location of certain parts (thrusters) can affect the overall performance of the ship.

I think the generators need to be overhauled. Trying to link everything to the generator is frustrating especially when there is a hard-coded limit of 10 things per generator. I think the linking system should be removed. Instead, I was thinking that the generators just power everything as long as there is enough power. Also, I was thinking of the addition of a list that prioritizes which systems get power in case there is not enough power. I'm pretty sure the player will want things like life support at the top of that list.

I would really like it if the player could place the 2x1 corridor like a hatch. Obviously, it wouldn't provide the same benefits as a hatch but would provide more options for the player.

PostPosted: Sun 30. Sep 2012, 20:39 

zylo wrote:

My main idea is to have a customizable hull. So generally the player designs the shape of the hull from scratch by placing hull plating or armor that encloses all the other systems. From what I see in the trailers on how combat, etc. is played out, I really think this is doable. It would provide near infinite possibles for the player to design their ship. Plus, it takes out the need to design and develop multiple hull types. Instead of the hull type determining the performance of the ship. Things like the overall mass of the ship and the location of certain parts (thrusters) can affect the overall performance of the ship.

That would make me love the game even more, yes. That would, in essence, provide infinite replayability for us.

Ratakri, get on it nao! :D

PostPosted: Tue 20. Nov 2012, 23:35 

I like this idea ALLOT! LOTS OF REPLAYABILITY!