Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Fri 26. Apr 2024, 21:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri 12. Sep 2014, 14:35 

I have a ideas it about the door System details and the room damage/leak isolation.

sorry maybe my English skill not very good :roll:

When I play the Asteroid Field.The Asteroid is Start to damage the gear room,so I close that Connect door(choose it and turn off the power),I think it can isolation that room,but in soon the hull damaged and the gear room leak,so at this floor all room is become Vacuum in 1 sec! :?
I think it shouldn't have been like this, so that my idears:

1,add the door control model"allway open" "auto""locked".
in"auto"model door normal close,when crew want go across the door need wait 0.5 sec or longger,but when power cut off it can't be open(or it need crew take a time to Manual open and close)
in "allway open" the crew can just go not need stop so it will fast,when power off it still open,but when the room Damage(fire,leak,etc)or enemy can eazy cross over the door to.
In "locked"the door can't open even if crew try Manual(but it also can use to stop they enemy,maybe...).
the door modle set can single or whole control[add a"door control panel" for control all door]. you can add a big red button call"Emergency locking" to lock all door :mrgreen:

2,more door type
normal door,open fast(0.5sec),can't Complete isolation(but can slow down?),eazy be Damage.
Isolation door,take a bit time to open(2.5 sec),can fully isolation Damage. a bit Strong than normal door.[the double door like this]
Armored door, Strong so hard to dmg,but take a long tome to open/close[because it very heavy](8-10sec,but maybe crew can just don't need to wait it fully open?),Can be useful to protect important room,can fully isolation room Damage.

3, door damage set /room isolation and failure
when door take 30%damage will can't auto open [and close],need crew manual open/close it. >50%damage it will Isolation failure(air start leak,more dmg more fast). >80%damagethe people can just acros the door(because it will have a big hole,For example, the enemy blew up the door),it will be 'open' and can't close Until repair it.

最后祝你做的游戏越来越完善并早日发行, Thank for read itO(∩_∩)O~

PS:I will made a Blog in Chinese call"baidu tieba(百度贴吧)" so we can get more idear to perfect the game╰(*°▽°*)╯we have lot's of people and lot's idears.

PostPosted: Sat 6. Dec 2014, 15:23 

about the doors, the more important i think is to stop thinking about sealing them every time a trouble occur.

the doors should have some way to prevent any hostile to advance.

the way to stop an hostile advance on the ship could be (in order from the least damaging to the highly damaging):

- locking the door : could be open with brutal force, explosive or hacking but can still be used by friendly military to reach areas where hostile are confined. (option only available for a few door system)
- cutting the power : could be open with brutal force or explosive. need to restore power before the door could be open again without damaging it. ( option available on all door with the only exception of the "maintenance door", offered on the next section of the post)
- sealing the door: could only be open with explosive.

hostile's way to open a door. from the least damaging to the highly damaging)

- hack the door
- use brutal force (like using a crowbar (or any other tool) or using an in-built mechanism)
- use explosive (to destroy the lock or blow a hole)

electrical malfunction and fire generated by such a malfunction could jam or damage the door opening system.

here are the few doors i would offer:

maintenance door :
- price :Cheapest door
- electricity need: Dont need electricity to operate.
- opening system : Need to be open manually so take longer opening time than standard door
- resistance: weak resistance against brutal force, fire and explosive.
- size (lenght, width, height): (2,1,1)

maintenance pannels :
- price :Cheapest door
- electricity need: Dont need electricity to operate.
- opening system : locked can only be unlocked by a technician (if we assume all technician have the key for such a door), consist of two pannels and both need to be open and closed manually so take twice as long to open and close than the maintenance door. but got a camouflage bonus influencing moral of the crew (you dont have doors everywhere) and chances that an "outsider" find it.
- resistance: weak resistance against brutal force, fire and explosive.

nb: allow shortcut for maintenance, got the advantage that it could be invisible or hard to see from an "invader" point of view as it can look like the wall on it's left or right.

- standard doors :
- price : standard price
- electricity need: need a good amount of electricity to operate
- opening system : open with motion sensor or by the pressing of a button.
- resistance: standard resistance against brutal force, fire and explosive.

- security door:
- price :slightly higher price than standard
- electricity need: need 50% more electricity than standard door.
- opening system : got a locking system, open with a code (it's an "authorized personnel only" door, so could open only for the captain and any character of an authorized class.)
- resistance: good resistance against brutal force, fire and explosive. could be hacked on the spot.

- armored door:
- price : two time the price of a standard door (or higher)
- electricity need: twice the energy need of a standard door
- opening system :got a locking system, open with a code but take twice as long to open than a security door (due to the weight of the door)
- resistance: optimal resistance against brutal force, fire and explosive. could be hacked on the spot but take twice more time than a security door.
- size (lenght, width, height): (2,2,1)

- shutter:
- price : as expensive as an armored door
- electricity need: need good amount of energy.
- opening system : stay open in stand-by status but when an emergency need it could be closed instantly. (when reset, the opening time would be quite long, as the door need to be lifted back in his "stand-by position again.)
- resistance: optimal resistance against brutal force, fire and explosive. (cannot be hacked on the spot, but could be reset from the bridge or computer core.)
- size (lenght, width, height): (2,1,2)