Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 16:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon 27. Oct 2014, 13:10 

i have two way to see the sickbay and it extension.

1) it's like a hospital. the sickbay is the operating room (with a scanner and all the big and expensive stuff) and the extensions are the patient rooms where the patient are prepared for the operation or recover after the operation. (small wound could be treated there without the need to go to the operating room)

NB: this system take into account that some wound take time to be treated and the patient room could be use as "quarantine quarter" in case of "bio hazard" scenario.

2)on a most naval way, the sickbay is still the operation room (were all kind of wound/illnesscould be cured) but the extensions are infirmary (were minor and medium wound/illness could be cured)

NB: this system use the extensions as "first aid" station while the sickbay is the main station.

my claim:

both view would have their pro and con but in both situation the need of 2 permanent medic for each extension may be abusive.

i would like to see it be transformed into 1 non-permanent medic per extension.

why?

if the extension is a "patient room", then the medic would need to make sure the room is asceptic therefore reducing the chance of "infection" and increasing the healing rate of already treated wounded character.

if the extension is an infirmary, the medic would make a check if there is enough medicine, bandages and other medical stuff that could be needed to heal minor or medium wound.

in both way there is no need for a medic to stay in the room. (and certainly not 2 )

what is the idea of the other players about that?