Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 23:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Online component (O)
PostPosted: Wed 12. Sep 2012, 17:50 

So folks, what can online look like? I know that Ratakari has hinted at an MMO type online side of things. What would you like to see?

Basically what we know so far of Ratakari's mind is:

Online / MMO style.
    Create and Sell Ship design.
    Form fleets, trade or fight against other player designs.
    Planetary management, Terra-forming and mining.

So what kind of implementation would you like to see based on the above?

Post subject: Re: Online component
PostPosted: Wed 12. Sep 2012, 22:56 

I think it would be interesting to see the market driven by actual players. Players would establish colonies or mining operations and post that they need materials and supplies shipped.
The example I thought of was I set up a mining operation on an asteroid. An asteroid has ample opportunity but a limited supply. This might be my first operation because it requires less capital than other larger operations. I would post that I need material brought to market or supplies shipped in. I could put a price on doing these tasks or they could be predetermined by the game. This would also present apple opportunity for pirating and guarding as high amounts of material would be moving back and forth from the asteroid. I could set requirements that people have good security because a lot of my shipments have been pirated or hire people to look like a cargo ships but actually be equipped for a fight.

Post subject: Re: Online component
PostPosted: Sun 16. Sep 2012, 11:44 

Ok so here are some things I would like to see:

Market Driven by players, supplied by players and traded by players.

Trading and ship construction is a "open space" sandbox style of gameplay.

Planetary, asteroid management could be a structured linear gameplay. - you want to concentrate on raw materials, you focus on building mines, you want to focus on complicated construction you may need to import resources and you will have to build lots of factories.

Players generate content so I would think that planetary management has to be more than just available on the normal game instead have it multiplatfrom at some point, facebook APP, mobile and web based browser game.

Allow players to hire NPCs or players to defend their installations as well. Also produce planetary defences, if they can afford them.

Post subject: Re: Online component (O)
PostPosted: Sun 30. Oct 2016, 00:56 

I think that it would be nice to see it all related to you managing your own company. You are free to make as many designns you want, but resources to build ships are limited so you would need to do missions/contracts in order to gather them and build your fleet. An early game would be creating designs for contractors and earning a percentage of their operations with your contract. Later on, we could build ships and sell to companies/players and later own have our own operations (mining, military, etc).