Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024, 11:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Multitouch Enabled
PostPosted: Wed 8. Aug 2012, 14:26 

Hello,

let's bring this down to a single question.

Do you plan on including (multi)touch input for Starship Corporation?

As the advance of multitouch interfaces carries on and over short or long anybody of us will have a nice multitouch enabled display or at least input device i want to ask:
Will Starship Corporation support Touch Input? The Whole Game - in it's visual representation (or at least - what we saw till now) - seems to be a perfect fit for a big touchscreen.
Funny as it is - i also thought for a short amount of time that the "Planning Table" from Aliens was part of the ship (and I confess - i felt a little bit let down that it wasn't)

Of Course this is mostly a technical decision and a problem of the underlying technology.
From the Overview Video i managed to extract that you are using GameMaker:Studio which states that it is able to make "App Store ready" Applications.
But i could not find if this includes the new Windows Store (which would ensure Multitouch Capability's provided with W8 Kernel).

With GML (the propitiatory markup language of GameMaker) i fear that this is not possible (but i don't know the capabilities of it).
Maybe it would be enough to include an "touch friendly" interface option that mouse mimicking can work with.

Also - on a sidenote:
Have you ever thought about utilizing GameMakers ability to make Android Games that communicate with the "Main Game". I always wished for a Game where I could use my Android Phone to export some of the main games functionality. Like have an external map or a much more detailed information screen. Much like the Concept of the WiiU and or various "Gamer" Keyboards.