Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 10:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 31. Jul 2013, 10:22 

First time post, just want to say this seems like a fascinating game, and one right up my alley, so I want to thank you for developing it.

A suggestion:

During Ship Construction there are some rooms that require exterior placement (such as Cooling units and Cargo and Hangar Bays) that also require the player to add specific hatches for those rooms along the exterior of the ship.

Since adding those hatches is a requisite for the ship being viable, and the rooms can only be validly placed next to an exterior wall anyway, why not remove this step and just automatically "bake on" the requisite hatches wherever the room is placed?

As it is, it just seems like a busywork step, and removing those room-specific hatches from the Corridors and Doors menu would do well to de-clutter it a little.

PostPosted: Mon 9. Sep 2013, 18:43 

yes it's nasty to put the hatches on. but if there where more options of hatches, it would make no sense to bake them instantly.
the unplayable fuselage "sin sego type b" is supposed to have 2 armorlayers. i guess there planned more.
What is if the standard hatch is auto-placed and can be " upgraded" by simply placing the other right hatch over it...