Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 20. Apr 2024, 09:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 22. Aug 2012, 20:50 

i recently had an idea for a possible feature of the game, where if you board a ship, you could go beyond simply capturing it. you could ransom it to the player you stole it from, and rake in some easy cash.

also, i thought that if your ship gets boarded, you could possibly be able to take high value crew hostage, and try to ransom them. It could have a value system based on factors like experience, rank, duties, and ect. (for example, the ship's captain would be worth a TON of cash if captured (more than most crew), but a high ranking and highly experienced crew officer in charge of the a certain aspect of the running/defence of the ship could also be worth a lot of cash too)

This could also lead to possible missions based on the situation: you could use diplomacy to barter for the captured officer's release, you could have prisoner exchanges, or you could start raids on the enemy ship or installation the prisoner is held on. You could also execute your captured prisoners, and try to make off with the ransom, but that may not go over well with the enemy, and your crews may see you as barbaric, and this dissent can possibly fester into a more malignant disease: all out mutiny :twisted:

there could also be consequences for such actions:
    *If you refuse to rescue an officer or other ranking crew member who served under you, the ships crew may think of mutiny if they liked their captain enough
    *Likewise, If you rescue your ship's captain, his crew may serve more loyally, and there would be less chance of mutiny.
    *if you refuse to negotiate with the enemy player, you could earn the respect of your crews on all ships (or something similar)
    *However, if the enemy executes the prisoner, your crews will fight even harder against all ships commanded by the enemy.

finally, there could be possible modules you could purchase for use with the ship, such as:
a ship Brig (for detaining captured enemy officers, or to detain mutinous crew members)
A ship meeting room (for diplomatic negotiations between representatives from each player, for negotiating the release of prisoners, the terms of war, peace agreements, ect)

these are just ideas i had, and i think they would be awesome if implemented.