Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 25. Apr 2024, 06:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat 24. Nov 2012, 01:48 

First, I have totally enjoyed the ship building alpha that you have let us play with. Specially knowing that there will be more, bigger and more challenging ships to design later.

Now for the future suggestion which is most likely a bit farther down the road for development:

In the design request the customer company wants a galley and sickbay, but they are not required to accomplish the contract.

I would like to see this still as an option but your construction company needs to have a reputation score or stat. Here if you met all the customers demands, you get a high add to this stat, if you met the bare minimum then you get a little bit of an increase, if you fail to met the customers demands, you get a negative to your stat.

Other possible modifiers for a positive stat would be
Met all the requirement and you were able to add
Armor
Weapons
Backup systems (120% over all the requirements on all components)
Escape pods
(Note: the above is if the customer did not request these items but you were able to add them and stay under budget for the contract, they will be very pleased.)

The ship performs extremely well under combat simulations (positive)
(performs extremely poorly under the same, then negative)

Now how can you fail to met the customers demands:
If you have a strong positive rep stat you can take a chance and force a bad design (ie you don't met every requirement at 100% of the contract) on the customer, thus making more money off of them
You put the cheapest components on the ship to met the requirements, which will cause quicker break downs in the ships fucntions or are more easily damaged/destoryed in combat

Just a few thoughts.

I will most likey have more as I see more of the game.

Dave Chase