Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 13:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A few ideas (MISC)
PostPosted: Wed 3. Oct 2012, 23:25 

I have a few ideas i thought up so here they are

1. Maneuvers: I'd like to see different maneuvers in the game. The UI for the maneuvers at the bottom like buttons you could press.

Evasive maneuvers: we could activate this and more power would go to the engines and and the generator connected to it would still power vital subsytem's like Power relay and life support things like that.

Attack Maneuvers: it would provide more power to weapons which up's the fire rate by 15% or attack damage by 10%

Defence Maneuvers: it would power all defences with more power letting defences efficiency by 20%

2. Animations/Movement: I was thinking that the ships could move around while fighting so if you did evasive maneuvers your ships would move faster and the engines animations would be brighter and longer.

3. Multiship combat: I was thinks that you could combine ships into fleets and fleets could only have 5 ships in them. That way macro/micro management wont be too time consuming. Also this way you would have to have weapons on both sides otherwise you could be outflanked. Plus we would be able to control where our ships move to with right clicking the location after left clicking the ship and you could zoom in/out with the mouse wheel when you zoom in you enter crew management for that ship and when you zoom out you go back to the battlefield map. Plus if you have ships in the same system you could call for reinforcements.

4.Ship ideas: Capital ships...Of course! These ships would be very big and could hold anything and could have 7 floors.
Destroyer ships... These ships would be medium-large ships and would have 5 floors but the ship would be very big.
Frigates... These ships would have 4 floors and would have a medium-small hull.

"I'm watching you punk"
"Really? I'm watching me too sir!"

Post subject: Re: A few ideas
PostPosted: Wed 12. Dec 2012, 05:19 

If it would be possible, I would prefer to have a tactical plot. There's a game called 'Infinite Space' on the DS which uses a rock paper scissors mechanic very akin to what the OP mentioned. That mechanic single-handedly destroyed the enjoyment of the game's combat; it eliminated any strategy other than timing when to do something.

Granted, based off the trailer the game appears to be FTL like, but if it could be reworked into a turn based game, it would allow for great deal more tactical options, which would make the game alot more enjoyable and realistic. Would also allow for actual fleet control, instead of control grouping blobs of ships together like RTS games.

As for ship sizes, yes, more is better. Being able to define the classes of ships you design would allow for greater variation. Having static, predefined floor plans would kind of be contradictory to the 'you're a shipyard, design your own ships' motif of the game. Would also reduce alot of the ship building component into a puzzle game, or tetris. If you allowed for a user defined deck plan, it would allow for inefficiency; if someone isn't as good at planning out a floorplan, their ships would have to be larger and more expensive to do the same thing. As it is now, I could see the game turning into a situation of 'a rose by any other name is still a rose', with each class of ship being fundamentally the same as any other of the same class, just having different bits in different places.

Post subject: Re: A few ideas
PostPosted: Thu 14. Feb 2013, 20:37 

Just an idea here but is there a way to incorporate the audio of the crew to respond to events on ship. Such as each crew member has his "own" voice. Based off of gear and tools such as radios, phone lines and alarms place in the hall way it self the crew member will respond automatically to activating the alarm or using the phone or radio to alert the bridge of the ship. User would here all radio chatter coming from the bridge of the ship based off of ingame options menu. I mean a interactive advanced system where the ships crew gives conition updates accurate to combat condition reccomendations based off of events happening on the ship. Details such as this would be a excellent feature. Also in reguards to these captains recommendations they have to be believable as if the character is lifelike or real...