Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 15:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 15. Oct 2017, 23:49 

Hello. My desktop is currently 1280x960. The only resolution I am offered in game is 1366x768. I run in windowed mode. A number of higher resolutions are shown in grey under "Options" > "Graphics". The problem is that the mouse cursor won't move to the far right edge of the window. This is a bit weird because, as far as I can tell, the window resizes nicely in all other respects.
Btw. this is a new problem, I don't know how new, but I know I have played without problems in some of the earlier versions.

My question is: Are the offered screen resolutions like this by design, or is my installation somehow messed up, since I am not offered any lower graphic resolutions?

Edit: Now I think I see how this is happening. The game graphics settings offer resolutions up to my current desktop resolution. If I change to 1600x1200 in-game and then restart with a lower desktop resolution the old in-game choice is still in effect, even if it is not shown in bright white. This causes the mouse cursor to not be able to reach the far right edge of the game screen. So my new question is, was some of the older 'lower' resolution options removed from the game?

Edit: In the new version of the game the problem is still there. It appears that my desktop resolution limits the area that the mouse pointer can move to, even when playing in full screen mode. I.e. I still can't reach the far right and far bottom of the screen with the mouse pointer. (I can select all resolutions in the menu now, so that is a minor improvement).