Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024, 00:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat 24. Jun 2017, 05:33 

says 2 files are missing and have been required and installed, now just re testing all the compatability modes in windows 10 to see which one makes the game run better, it's crashed that often i guess it could have corrupted some files, but it's also a first for me, normally not needed, but does and can happen, so let's see results from now on

PostPosted: Sat 24. Jun 2017, 05:44 

like everything in testing, it's trial and error
Attachment:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 90.44 KiB | Viewed 12467 times ]

so far this atm seems to be the best, so windowed, so i can alt tab in and out at ease, fullscreen on the resolution in game atm and it's blurry fonts and also mouse doesn't perform so well near map edges, but is stable or seems to be more in windowed mode would prefer 1920 x 1080 and default 96DPI but have had to use largest whats out atm in game and alter DPI to 125% as test atm is on a 40" IPS LCD monitor, but tbh looks and works the same on my 27" and also my 29" all running 1920 x 1080, same blur and fussy looking fonts etc etc

PostPosted: Sat 24. Jun 2017, 05:46 

compare results
Attachment:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 210.11 KiB | Viewed 12466 times ]

PostPosted: Sat 24. Jun 2017, 05:48 

with this in none supported mode
Attachment:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 202.37 KiB | Viewed 12466 times ]

which for me looks more crisp and less blurry, equals less eye strain etc

so for me, fit to desktop screen size works better than low res displayed even if not supported, well error message, might not look it so much of a big deal on the screen shots, but sitting in front of it for now 13 hours, believe me, it does :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat 24. Jun 2017, 05:56 

but even with 2 files redownloaded, same errors posted, yes i've retested the lot, are still here, all dated, but just screenshotted one as proof
Attachment:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 197.25 KiB | Viewed 12465 times ]

one reason i like windows mode, as then it's date stamped, so what you see at a give point and time is what is there then at a given moment, not just in someone's head or set up etc, while it maybe a windows 10 issue, that's something i have no idea of as yet, but can test the same on any version of windows on the same hardware if needed, as have imaged all of them and only takes 30 mins to reimage and set up as steam is on a second drive and all my test pc's are networked for this purpose

PostPosted: Tue 27. Jun 2017, 13:18 

The feedback is great, thanks! Don't worry about testing the tutorial though, that isn't ready.
At which resolution does the text cropping occur? Or is it always like this?

PostPosted: Tue 27. Jun 2017, 14:33 

mostly always at it tbh

1366x768 and full screen or windowed, largest it can do atm

then again it could be a windows 10 issue as well, as seen it before in a Java game also in development, which just didn't scale in windows 10 too good

but once in my default desktop and default size, worked fine which is 1920x1080 native

PostPosted: Wed 28. Jun 2017, 07:46 

also tested now for 29 hours, but will be around 35 by end of today, read most forum and steam posts so not to dupe post known errors seen or posted
Attachment:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 33.25 KiB | Viewed 12455 times ]

mentioned a few of the idea's also to Bart / Surtur @ Iceberg Interactive

suggestions mainly evolve around stability and playability and easy of play mainly, with some being longer term, like default plans for ship one for each build type already being in the game, better use of AI in power grid and hatch use, auto fill for armor on ship plan, instead of one or 2 blocks at a time etc.

stability to make game more stable, so to keep happy those who have already bought, 2 to encourage more into buying, this maybe harder as it's a sci fi simulation more than a pure game and more hardcore / geeky than sim on it's own.

ease of play involves the AI taking over some of the more mundane tasks and auto assigning them, too many manually settings makes it more time consuming than maybe it ought to be, and i say maybe and that's a personal impression.

as with anything on auto, the ability to turn off if a given player doesn't wish for the help etc, the UI has to be more prepared for all sorts, not just one type of buyer, again that's easy said than done, as mostly it will be sims buyer who look in the first place, like i've said, i enjoy the concept and design, but the layout UI and game engine at times is holding you maybe back, but as you work with what you have, and are too late now in development to change it either, have to make the best out of it.

i personally would stay away from adding anything new until the game is more stable. harder said than done i know, as if it doesn't crash on your end but does on other hardware and Operating systems that's also harder to replicate, and is always an issue with a smaller team etc, as if it's developed on a multi pc platform, but a older engine, it doesn't always work the same in emulation mode or compatibility mode either, with steam overlay on top making it even harder, as some work and some don't work as well with it on or off, as it's engine dependant more than O/S.

i'll try and keep doing a few hours per day as asked, but it's hard to get past some of the errors and carry on to mid to late game testing as for me it crashes too often in the early parts to do much more than i'm doing atm, with no options to start mid term or late game etc, which is always good to test for testers and developers alike as the info thrown up can be somewhat different than everyone just doing the starting or start up bugs etc.

is there any admin codes or inbuilt cheats to help on this?

or do you have any ship plans for each design as basic one to work with and share?

any mid to late game save even, which may also help with testing?

thanks, ps i'm away on the 1st of July, being my 50th birthday so on hols celebrating for 2 weeks so will be awol until i return, with no steam access or online where i'm going, even though i'm a techy geek, i tend to go off grid on holidays cruising around the UK so will read any replies when i get back, thanks again for letting me test for you and hope it all helps and goes ok in the end, i feel for you as your passion and commitment may or may not get rewards in the end, but you will have had a learning curve and baby of your own