Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 11:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jul 2017, 11:22 

regarding the research tutorial also, the buttons sometimes stop the action, eg: armory etc, is under the tutorial box, so no matter if you scroll up or down, it's hard to see, and even harder to click on, not a great use of UI tbh i'm sorry to say, but yes that also seems to make more sense than the last one.

but the blue arrows that come down to show which row a given tech is on, depends on your screen size also, so mostly are in the wrong place, so point to the wrong item.

my screen size is 1920x1080 so all arrows are out tbh, but have posted you 2 of them for now.

when it asks you to end the quarter, it also kicks you out of this part of the tutorial and back to the start of the very beginning, no big deal, just doesn't make much sense

pictures sent by email

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jul 2017, 11:23 

yes most of it makes sense for the galaxy map part, just if you click on the destroy shipyard part at any time, the game crashes, build 1.5.4 alpha btw

for object obj_newworldmap:

In script draw_nw_new_world:
Error in code at line 415:
draw_text(88*(obi_controller.res_height/1080), view_hview[0]-disband_offset*2,string(global.locationlist[selection,4])+" "+translate("text_nw_btcpermonth"))
^
at position 115: Negative array index

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jul 2017, 11:27 

deleting any shipyard is one click, even if it's your only one, no warning that once it's gone, it's game over as you can't build another, without at least one, so destroying your last one, imo should be either a 2 click option or a warning message it will end your game?

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jul 2017, 11:31 

with no way of speeding the game up, at the start, your progress is less than a crawl, more of a let's watch paint dry moment, this isn't to say others won't like, but with no options to speed up development times or start in a given time frame / period, it's one way playing atm, yes you can alter money on startup and a few other options, but most are very basic and early games, no late stages one's, for me you need a start, and mid term and also a late game, this way proper long term testing can be done, not everyone doing the start to few months to years in bit imo

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jul 2017, 11:38 

having so many sample ships that can't do anything, are rather pointless imo, whereas if these were all ships that worked and did different job in their own right, would be more useful for those who wish for a quick start and also don't wish to spent all their time in designing their own?
Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 127.37 KiB | Viewed 27263 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 13. Jul 2017, 11:44 

imo it would help and i'm sure would be useful if one basic design was there for each mission type on offer?

so from the start, once the tech is researched you can or could do the mission, without the need if you felt like it, to not design your own ship, just build the default type, others will build a better one, the default just has enough to do a given mission or requirements etc, this is the AI and UI working with you, and not against you, helping, not doing it etc, this way, in the start, for beginners, who may or may not want the long haul, pick it up easier, and then later on, build, develop and do the rest, but in the beginning and the start for the early buyers, be easier on them, for designs to already be there, imo of course
Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 214.65 KiB | Viewed 27263 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 16. Jul 2017, 05:51 

have posted for help regarding ship design and template to help me test as i just don't have the time to test all of them in game, 53 hours in atm, but nothing regarding many missions done in real terms, most ships made, around 80% have been destroyed in encounters or other reasons etc etc

template ship sharing?
as the title says, not posted it in suggestions as for fear of it not being seen or replied to as much, so posting it here, what does anyone or everyone think of designing ships and sharing them?

so a database of pre done ships can be made and used in game instead of the ones that are in now, and mostly all the same?

good idea or a waste of finger use?

example, i can through editing have access to everything in game, so money isn't an issue, blueprints are, as while i can buy everything in the game, i don't always want to spend the time making every ship type to test a given mission, so would like others to do it for me, being less inclined to play and more able to test, time wise etc?

so if anyone wishes to help out, i can send them a blank save with all unlocked on it, so they can design to there hearts content, helping you to help me.

we could, well you could share your design?

so lets say 5 or 10 ships of each type, or more if you like and have the ability and time to make that many, then others could copy, alter, use or like me just test with, helping me to help you and make a more stable and quicker turn around for well everything?

if you think it's a good idea and you can or would help, please say so, and if you like add me to steam, if not then just say either no it's not a good idea, or just play and enjoy your own games.

i'm a game tester, not a game player as such, so i tend to spend 8 to 12 hours a day testing, with maybe an hour or so free time playing in the evening.

making ship designs for every type of ship you could make or try to make in this game using the parts in game, well would take one player more time than i have that is for sure, and i'm not too proud to admit it and ask for others to help out?

thanks

PostPosted: Mon 17. Jul 2017, 11:30 

well 2 days later on and no replies to the above post, so seems either everyone is away or doesn't think its a good idea, ah well, back to the drawing board then it seems on me own :ugeek: :geek:

PostPosted: Tue 18. Jul 2017, 05:47 

loading any other java based game up at the same time or afterwards in the background crashes the game, as i test more than one game at a time some days in steam, as while one is doing it's turn i do another test on another game, this isn't the case with SC, as anything java based used crashes it so it's a one test only game, which some or most will find odd.

regarding this, i have 3 java games on test atm, and all 3 can be used at the same time, but this engine can't be in the mix with any of them

PostPosted: Tue 18. Jul 2017, 20:14 

another game crash on loading

for object obj_nw_gameloader:

In script draw_nw_gameloader:
In script nw_load_game_old:
In script message_window:
Error in code at line 22:
answer = message.answer;
^
at position 22: Unknown variable answer