Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 20:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue 2. Apr 2013, 02:48 

Just want to start off by saying, some good improvements over 0.1.4. I really look forward to seeing future iterations!

-Suggestion-
There doesn't appear to be a way to reach the menu screen from the ship construction screen, that functionality should definitely be added or if I'm just missing it the steps to reach it need to be made more clear.

-Suggestion-
The majority of the text looks horrible in full screen at 1920x1080 turning the resolution down does clear the text up a bit. I really think a more clear and larger text would help.

-Suggestion-
The radio buttons under Design Objectives (contract, custom, none) can only be selected by clicking on the button. I think it would be more intuitive to allow the button to be selected by clicking on the word as well.

-Bug-
While trying to load a ship project from 0.1.4 I received the following error. I was able to load a different project from 0.1.4 without this error.
for object topmenu:

Error in code at line 387:
if current_target.info[4] = current_source.connection_source
^
at position 61: Unknown variable connection_source

PostPosted: Sun 14. Apr 2013, 20:09 

Hi, name's Davion. First things first, enjoy what I've seen so far as of 0.1.5 that said, its bug time. I look forward to assisting with De-bugging.

Aprox,5-7 minutes into construction(I,E a goodly number of parts and placement of tanks and the like.), the interface begins to experience a gradual slow down as more and more doors are placed the interface begins to experience a massive slow down in response time. visible cursor lag begins building. and so does the programs CPU load increase drastically until its 99% , soon reaching the point at which the program is terminated by DrWatson due to processor stress.

Have produced this bug twice attempting a standard placement of Core,tech,cargo,doors order.
I plan on attempting to reproduce the slowdown again using a small number of rooms and then placing doors,
Seams like the door code might be a bit a recurring issue area? how is AI handling door detection? or should i say how is door pathing working for the ai?

Will post new info when i finish the test, new post will also contain Full system hardware and software stats. are their any specific things you need besides system stats? and the memtest mirrior version did indeed work on this setup.