Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024, 18:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Power Failure
PostPosted: Wed 8. Oct 2014, 16:52 

This mission tests your crew´s ability to cope with a total power failure. The faster all damaged generators are back online, the better the rating. You can improve performance with a very efficient crew, easily accessible generator rooms, or simply enough emergency backup generators.

Also, I am introducing a subtle (but influential) game mechanic here, that has not been seen before in all the other missions: As soon as a room is damages over 50%, it shuts down and can only be turned on again if repaired to at least 49%. Makes things "fall apart" more interesting I think ;)

Post subject: Re: Power Failure
PostPosted: Wed 8. Oct 2014, 19:56 

looks nice

PostPosted: Wed 8. Oct 2014, 23:05 

This is the great.

PostPosted: Thu 9. Oct 2014, 19:49 

i love the idea of rooms not working when damaged to a certain extent, it just makes sense, great!

can I presume from what I saw in the video that the coding for the mission damages all generators that are switched on during the start of the mission? (so any that are left on when the blueprint is exported?) maybe instead change it so em generators are turned off at mission start by default? would make sense since em generators aren't really meant to be in use consistently.

PostPosted: Fri 10. Oct 2014, 15:17 

this is great and hope we would see it soon.

i am with Aestuo about the "emergency generator".

in my opinion, the emergency reactor may be using hydrogen (that they extract from the water supply of the ship) as fuel. that way emergency generator would be some "last resort" generator as it would bring enough energy to keep the crew alive while they repair the other generators but would fuel itself on the "life-support" capacity of the ship.

the other generator may be fission reactor. explaining the lack of fuel tank for the generator (the generators already have all the radioactive fuel they need for years of services) and the need for a powerful cooling system.

NB: i dont know a lot about hydrogen energy generator but i am sure it would be safer than the other kind of generator we could find in a spaceship even though it might not be the most efficient.