Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 20:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu 6. Sep 2012, 18:03 

Hello fellow SCorp Fans!

I am pleased to anounce that Ratakari launched the Starship Corporations Design Element Alpha.

You can find the Downloadlink on: http://www.starshipcorporation.com/media/downloads/

If your Browser reports this Download as Dangerous I can ensure you that it is in fact safe as I have tested it with various Virus Scanners.

The Features included are:
  • Basic Ship Design Gameplay
  • 1 Contract Mission
  • 1 Fuselage

Please note that this is only the Design Element Alpha so no Crew Management, Shipyard or Galaxy Map.

Have fun and don't forget to post your Feedback!

PostPosted: Thu 6. Sep 2012, 18:30 

So here are my found Bugs / Occured Problems. I include Images as URL because of the Picture Size :)

• The Resolution of the Game is not changeable and seems to be 4:3 so it looks kinda bad on 6:9 Screens
  • Pressing Middle MouseButton while an Room is Selected reduces the Room Efficiency to under Zero and caused this Error: http://www.kuatsu-janka.com/fileadmin/user_upload/images/starshipcorporation/efficiency_bug.png
    Code:
    for object computersound:

Error in code at line 53:
               if objectives.sec < 10
                             ^
    at position 24: Unknown variable sec
  • It seems the Game has Problems with my Screens Refreshrate (60Hz) because most of the UI Elements that are clickable flicker (if this is an animation it should be slower because this is irritating)
  • Not actually a Bug but why is the Power Relay found in "Core Modules"? In my Opinion it would make more sense beside the Generators
  • I do not know why this is not possible. The lift sure does look like it is a square platform without boundaries? http://www.kuatsu-janka.com/fileadmin/user_upload/images/starshipcorporation/no_3way_lift.png

Features I find nice to have:

• Selecting an Room and pressing the Delete Button should in fact Delete the Room
  • Would be nice if Building Screen starts centered on fuselage
  • Mouse Wheel should only Switch between Items in the Current Category

I will add to this List as soon as I find more Stuff :)

Summary of first Hour:

I tried to build a quick first ship design but got frustrated enough to quit playing. I know this is only alpha but the placement of corridors seems to have it's own mind. The last T Section you saw on the Screenshot "no_3way_lift.png" was not placeable again after I deleted it on mistake. Also Sections behave not like the other Corridors but like rooms. On the other hand they get deleted like corridors if connected with doors.
Also rooms seem to don't like corners even if at least a side is reachable. Maybe I am just doing something wrong.
I don't understand why there are 2 Variants of lifts - one up and one down if they are automatically added to the other level. But maybe this Feature only comes into play if there are at least 3 levels.

At last I think I felt victim to my own expectations - it is nonetheless an alpha. So try it out yourself before judging

PostPosted: Thu 6. Sep 2012, 18:49 

ALL RIGHT!

Super excited, downloading now, will post any bugs!

PostPosted: Fri 7. Sep 2012, 01:31 

Brilliant. Put some play and testing time in already. The main issue I came across is with corridors; the current implementation makes it difficult to build 'complex' shapes. I assume there is no way to implement a click-and-drag approach in the longer term? It seems well put together and stable for me thus far; great work for a first attempt at game design! I look forward to seeing how things progress; I hope to see you be able to make this game the success it deserves to be

PostPosted: Fri 7. Sep 2012, 10:03 

hmm, are we allowed to put the ship in test-flight in this alpha once we completed the necessary contract requirements? and if so, how?

PostPosted: Fri 7. Sep 2012, 14:23 

"Additional lifesupport needed"... Oh really? And what might that be? I got air and plenty of water, so I'm not sure what that might be... Temperature perhaps?

Edit: I'm a moron I found the lifesupport room :oops:

Y̷͕̗̞͔̦͞o̶͙̜̞̘̺̪ͅu̪͉̗̦͕̗͎͜ͅr̢͚̞̩̮̘̳͇͠ͅ ̴͓̙͕̫̞̞̰̬͠ͅf̸҉̥͕͓̞̝̜͢o̯l̸̰̪͔̟̙l̵̠̥͉͎̣̦i͈̤̜̥̯̟͕̳̪c̬͔͉͚̭͚l̲̯̳̦̥̦̞̪̘e͕̞͞ṣ̹̮̼͇̗͘͡ ̞̫̤̖͚̻͇͖̀c̷̵̢̭͔̠̗̲̬̩̫ͅá͓̘̮̭̤̱̻l͍̼̲̖̱̰͈̳͡͡l̬͖̻̬̙͠ ̶̵͔͚̤̳͙̮o̧͕͈͢͡u͟҉̸̲̳͍̦̺t͚̹͕̦ ̵̧̢̟̬̮̲t̷͕̫͓͍͕͞o̴͇͙ ̶̼͍̹̖̻͜ḿ͙͈̝͍̱é̤͈̤̻̖͖̻ͅ

PostPosted: Sat 8. Sep 2012, 03:10 

Game is great fun so far! keep up the stellar work!