Starship Corporation

Support Forum
It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024, 23:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 26. Aug 2012, 03:07 

Hello everyone,

as I said on the Indiegogo comments page, I talked about Starship Corporation on the french CanardPC forums. Since I've got a bit of feedback and some questions were raised, I thought of asking them here^^.

It would be great if you could answer them, CPC is a pretty big community composed mostly of veteran PC gamers. So they have money, haha^^.

- there's the question of the money: $6000 seems a small sum compared to the scope of the projet, especially with FTL and Starship Command having asked for way more as the basic goal.
- about the development of the game, you are working alone on it, right? I suppose there are a few people helping you out from time to time...?
- ... the multiplayer part will be done not by you, but by someone with some experience in that field?
- finally, your game reminds some of Aurora, but with a graphic interface. A very good thing for sure!

Sorry if some answer to those questions are somewhere on the web already^^.

PostPosted: Tue 4. Sep 2012, 15:31 

Hi,

I have been working alone for the last year on this project, but I am already beginning to get help :)
I am working with a genius programmer with lots of experience in online gaming.
The Project can be realised "that cheap" because:
- I love doing it.
- I have very little living costs.
- I get some money from my other company.

PostPosted: Wed 5. Sep 2012, 02:03 

Thank you for the answers, I'll relay them for sure.

In the meantime, there were some comments from the few people loving the game concept, but finding that the project could use a bit more advertising for one part, and clearer explenations about the game's price and solo/multi availability. There seems to be a bit of confusion, from just reading the main page of the Indiegogo project, about what you need to pay in order to play offline, or online. Some are thinking that creating a single and easy to understand "both for 10€" would benefit the project and the pledges, rather than a "free offline but paying online" formula.

PostPosted: Mon 10. Sep 2012, 03:34 

I've tried out the alpha, and here are my thoughts, as well as some comments from the CPC forums:

- the graphic options are not yet available, but I suppose it will be possible to adjust the resolution, right? Some people complaigned a bit about the blurry look of the game once in full screen...
- still picking about graphics here, but will the "doors not fully connecting to rooms" thing be eventually fixed later on. I know it doesn't affect gamplay at all, but since the rest of the game looks so polished, it would be a bit sad if that kind of glitch remained in the final version.
- I came across the same "number of crew" problem while playing; since then, I understood that the ship's design doesn't need all the technicians mentionned to be effective. I don't know how to do it, but it would most probably be a good idea to implement another variable showing the player how low he can go regarding crew membres, while keeping an effecient ship design.

On another subjet, I'm all for giving some money here, but I'm not sure how much. The Indiegogo way of adjusting one's pledge seems rather complicated (need to contact directly the projet manager), so I would rather wait for the moment. Or am I mistaken about this?

Last edited by doshu on Mon 10. Sep 2012, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 10. Sep 2012, 08:02 

Thanks for the suggestions.
If you are not sure, and you want to be able to adjust your contribution level, I would suggest you use the Pre-Order possibility on the website:
http://www.starshipcorporation.com/game/contribution/
This way I can easily keep track ouf your account and return your payment without losing any fees.

PostPosted: Mon 10. Sep 2012, 08:24 

Thank you for the suggestion. I had a look, it seems ok for me, but one (stupid) question though: will the pre-orders be counted in the Indiegogo final pledges? I guess so, but still asking. I really want the solo campaign... :)

On another note, here's the feedback from yet another CPC forum guy: "A better keyboard interface would be great. Unselecting a room or the link between generators and rooms are not so well thought out. Still, the global result is great!"

PostPosted: Mon 10. Sep 2012, 14:51 

Yes, of course they count. Just follow the graph on the contribution page to see the overall progress.

Thanks for translating the suggestions - I am starting to learn french, so I hope this isn´t necessary anymore in the near future... :)